Tarantula Modeling

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I started to make a terrestrial enclosure, but when it came to the tarantula, I really wanted to make a Cobalt Blue as the first. I feel like it is a great species that can change perceptions on what a tarantula could look like and blue ones usually seem to be a favourite. I am not great at animations but I decided to add a small grooming motion just to give it some "life" (even tho t's can sit around like a rock)

The application I create for does not really have proper tarantulas (mostly just big spiders that look weird). I know it is not perfect but I am a bit limited on the application for texture sizes and file sizes. I also want to help introduce people to the concept that spiders are not really scary creatures. That being said, I know the Cobalt Blue is not a beginner species so a part of the item description I did add that it is an advanced species for keepers.

I do also have to model a new enclosure for it. I originally started with a terrestrial one that would have included the spider but I thought I would make the tarantulas separate so people can choose where to place them as well as give a few different enclosure options when it comes to decor.

. undefined_01.png

clividus.gif

Also if anyone is still reading, what species would you recommend that I make next? I would like a good beginner one, and def an avic once I can figure out how to make it fluffy without it affecting the application's performance too much.

I would also maybe like to do something portable so people could carry it around with their character but I do not want to portray direct handling even if it is virtual. Maybe sling vials or small amac-style enclosures?

Elder

Arachnopeon
I started to make a terrestrial enclosure, but when it came to the tarantula, I really wanted to make a Cobalt Blue as the first. I feel like it is a great species that can change perceptions on what a tarantula could look like and blue ones usually seem to be a favourite. I am not great at animations but I decided to add a small grooming motion just to give it some "life" (even tho t's can sit around like a rock)

The application I create for does not really have proper tarantulas (mostly just big spiders that look weird). I know it is not perfect but I am a bit limited on the application for texture sizes and file sizes. I also want to help introduce people to the concept that spiders are not really scary creatures. That being said, I know the Cobalt Blue is not a beginner species so a part of the item description I did add that it is an advanced species for keepers.

I do also have to model a new enclosure for it. I originally started with a terrestrial one that would have included the spider but I thought I would make the tarantulas separate so people can choose where to place them as well as give a few different enclosure options when it comes to decor.

. View attachment 372380

View attachment 372379

Also if anyone is still reading, what species would you recommend that I make next? I would like a good beginner one, and def an avic once I can figure out how to make it fluffy without it affecting the application's performance too much.

I would also maybe like to do something portable so people could carry it around with their character but I do not want to portray direct handling even if it is virtual. Maybe sling vials or small amac-style enclosures?
This is some next level VR tarantula keeping stuff.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
What is going to be the full application of these animations and such?? I like where you are going and the premise to show people they are not scary.

I think any of the Brachypelma's would be a good beginner terrestrial to start with.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

. View attachment 372380

View attachment 372379

Very cool!

Royalty

Arachnoknight
What is going to be the full application of these animations and such?? I like where you are going and the premise to show people they are not scary.

I think any of the Brachypelma's would be a good beginner terrestrial to start with.
For right now they are pretty much decorative. People can add them to their virtual homes. Here is a partial set up that I was toying with in one of my own rooms:

1610848771641.png

I think I would like to make a sort of "clubhouse" style room that people can come and chat in that I could display species and have some info on almost like an exhibit but also a virtual chat so T's do not have to be the center of conversation.

I am not sure of what to call it. I was thinking "The T Room" but that name would not be recognizable to people outside of the hobby.

hestoncv

Arachnosquire
For right now they are pretty much decorative. People can add them to their virtual homes. Here is a partial set up that I was toying with in one of my own rooms:

View attachment 372432

I think I would like to make a sort of "clubhouse" style room that people can come and chat in that I could display species and have some info on almost like an exhibit but also a virtual chat so T's do not have to be the center of conversation.

I am not sure of what to call it. I was thinking "The T Room" but that name would not be recognizable to people outside of the hobby.
It took me a minute to decipher what this was about, but you designed the enclosure and can put it in your vr home?

Royalty

Arachnoknight
It took me a minute to decipher what this was about, but you designed the enclosure and can put it in your vr home?
Basically. Sorry, I am a bit vague about my actual work stuff because even tho my hobbies/work/art intertwine I kinda want things separate haha.

I basically model/texture things for use in a VR Chat (not THE VR chat, it is an application that has been around a lot longer with avatars/rooms etc) I mainly design clothing on it and not many furniture items or things that require animations.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +

View attachment 372432

Oh okay, very awesome!! I think this could be a valuable learning tool for the public and a virtual version of arachnids in a VR set up is, like a more emotionally removed version of the outside public with aversions to arachnids being exposed to them and learning about them! Very cool premise and well done on all this!