Tarantula medical care

user 666

Arachnobaron
It looks like you're doing everything you can for your little one. I think the big hurdle at this point is going to be the next molt. I don't know if healing puncture wounds will cause molting problems though my brain leans toward yes. If you don't mind keeping us updated on its progress and the results of the next molt it would be fantastic information to have.
I plan to, yes.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I haven't mastered taking a photo of a T yet. Out of a dozen photos taken today, this was the only clear one.

In case anyone is wondering, the dark spot on the abdomen is a scab over a couple puncture wounds.
Maybe not, but one can MASTER looking at an image to see if it's in focus, that doesn't take skill, only time ;)

Looks OK in light of what happened, all things relative. I'd monitor, and make sure it has water at all times.

user 666

Arachnobaron
Maybe not, but one can MASTER looking at an image to see if it's in focus, that doesn't take skill, only time ;)

Looks OK in light of what happened, all things relative. I'd monitor, and make sure it has water at all times.
You know, I could make a snarky comeback about my job and life getting in the way, but I think it would be better to just mute you and go on with my day.

Last edited:

Jeff23

Arachnolord

It is more than just looking to see if it is in focus. My Samsung Galaxy S5 is a perfect example. It never focuses well for anything up close (especially with limited light and a "macro" shot). The stock camera has no manual focus option. People on the internet said to turn off "stabilization". Mine still has terrible focus.

The bottom line is that learning to use your camera (or know you need a new one) is another skill separate from owning Arachnids.

Sana

Arachnoprince
It is more than just looking to see if it is in focus. My Samsung Galaxy S5 is a perfect example. It never focuses well for anything up close (especially with limited light and a "macro" shot). The stock camera has no manual focus option. People on the internet said to turn off "stabilization". Mine still has terrible focus.

The bottom line is that learning to use your camera (or know you need a new one) is another skill separate from owning Arachnids.
My phone takes really junky pictures too. I've been putting together a macro setup for my camera but it's definitely taking practice to use it effectively.

user 666

Arachnobaron
Update 11 March

It's almost a month later and no molt yet. But it is still alive and active.

user 666

Arachnobaron
Me, too.

Aside from the one leg, it is a beautiful T. I am thrilled to see that it has survived and recovered its good looks.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
It still has the battle scars ... but they should vanish after a couple of molts.

That is one heck of a surviver.
keep up the good work...

Leila

Arachnobaron
Wow! :embarrassed: She looks amazing, especially considering everything she has been through!

I kinda like that she has her battle wounds, btw. :)