Tarantula Media

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
Books, magazines, academic journals, documentaries, oh my!

20170217_231520.jpg
Ultimate Exotics Magazine, largely covers herps but frequently has tarantula articles. Decent Android/iOS app, individual issues are a little pricey if you're just after the T content. The Tarantulas 101 issue is crap, don't waste your money. For example, "...keep the humidity high...which is essential for most tarantulas."

download (1).jpg
The British Tarantula Society has Journal that's an enjoyable informative read. Print copies are spendier but a digital membership cost £16 for three journals a year. Who reads tree corpses these days, anyhow?

51j3+9IUE3L._SX260_.jpg
The Tarantula Keeper's Guide. I like it, have read it many times & access it as reference. A small caveat, sometimes it reads less like a guide & more like a Bible, at times stating some things as gospel truth that aren't quite so black & white. Regardless, it's the best husbandry book I've found, the Kindle edition is best read on a tablet.

41bV39FA99L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Biology of Spiders, a textbook for the arachnid nerd. Spendy but worth every. single. penny. Digital edition can be easily read across all devices.

You'll probably watch it more than once. Fun game: spot the inaccuracies. There aren't many.

Moar spiders.

Seems we have a limited selection, recommendations? Hidden gems? I do wish Arachnoculture was still extant!

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
that first documentary, seems as if they werent even trying to get their facts straight. some of those clips look a little set up as well..

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
BTS (British Tarantula Society) is of best. Too bad that the "T" doesn't stand for Theraphosidae but oh well :bored:

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I listen to a lot of podcasts at work and wish there was a tarantula or even general invert one. I haven't been able to find anything.

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
I listen to a lot of podcasts at work and wish there was a tarantula or even general invert one. I haven't been able to find anything.
That would be amazing! Perhaps someone who doesn't have a voice made for silent film... :rolleyes:

BTW, your username? I approve.