Tarantula licenses

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you need a license to sell tarantulas,and how I become a licensed breeder?
No, you do not need a license to sell them within the U.S. However if you want to import and export Ts, you do need the proper paper work.

Arachnethegreek

Arachnopeon
To my knowledge you don't require a license to breed or deal, however if a license is required in your area by law to own them that would circumvent this. As for registering, i would recommend talking to tarcan about it as him and his spouse have been breeding for 8 years

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you planned to do it as a business you'd need whatever business licenses your state requires. as well as tax id numbers, wholesale id numbers, among others.

as for breeding spiders...it's unregulated. the usda doesn't care much about most reptiles and inverts. some inverts are a concern for their ability to destroy crops, and possibly infest homes. you can have your facility usda inspected if you desire, but so far as I've learned it's not required like it is for a lot of mammals, birds, and fish farms.

researching on google will get you all the answers you could possibly need.

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
If you planned to do it as a business you'd need whatever business licenses your state requires. as well as tax id numbers, wholesale id numbers, among others.

as for breeding spiders...it's unregulated. the usda doesn't care much about most reptiles and inverts. some inverts are a concern for their ability to destroy crops, and possibly infest homes. you can have your facility usda inspected if you desire, but so far as I've learned it's not required like it is for a lot of mammals, birds, and fish farms.

researching on google will get you all the answers you could possibly need.
Not as a business thing, just a once or twice thing as a kid.
Breeding a.versicolor ordered a female for my male scheduled to come next thursday!!:):)

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
To my knowledge you don't require a license to breed or deal, however if a license is required in your area by law to own them that would circumvent this. As for registering, i would recommend talking to tarcan about it as him and his spouse have been breeding for 8 years
Laws may be different in Canada, so Tarcan might not be able to help someone in Utah.

Later, Tom

Arachnethegreek

Arachnopeon
Laws may be different in Canada, so Tarcan might not be able to help someone in Utah.

Later, Tom
Truth that a Canadian breeder would have to follow different laws, but I recomended tarcan because doubtless over his breeding and dealing interactions he would have had contact and interaction with US breeders/dealers

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He might also talk to Paul, who is in the US. I know there are a lot of breeders on here, but his seems most business like.