Tarantula is tarantula

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I rarely see my tarantulas of all sizes, go threat posing. I simply do not intentionally (or unintentionally) disturb or bother them. Also I try to open every enclosures as gentle, and slow as possible when feeding. Although this particular less than an inch Monocentropus balfouri sling did not like the way I opened it’s enclosure or whatever the reasons may be. It literally jumped then quickly turned 180° and went threat posing for about straight three minutes.

Yes, size does not matter. Tarantula is tarantula.

EB987AAE-184D-4359-9515-2E31C2EA09D5.jpeg

A0C72D11-E50A-438C-BDEC-1643C517F37F.jpeg

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
reminds of the one i had minus the whole flipping on its back thing :rofl:gives you enough time to do what you need to do with all its posing

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Hahahaha that’s adorable. It’s funny the things tarantula owners find cute. Like, most people will crap their pants if they see a spider chilling on the wall, but we see a baby tarantula full on “come at me bro”ing and go awwwwwwww 😂

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
my C. marshalli gave me a threat pose at .25-.50 DLS and it was the most precious thing ever lmao

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
I can’t stop smiling just thinking about it.
it was the weirdest thing because i was actually reaching to check on another sling of mine and just happened to notice them doing it and they haven’t done it since or before that - wish i took a pic - they’re actually my most chill specimen

PhoenixFyre

Arachnomom
Arachnosupporter +
When I first got my E. Camp and was removing her from the shipping dram to her new enclosure, she reared all 0.75" of her up at me.

I thought that was the most adorable thing I've ever seen!

I told her, "Yah...I know..you doing that whole Eight Legged Freak thing at me...it's okay I understand." :lol:

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
That animal could do with a rehouse into something much more spacious. What is it supposed to do in an enclosure that's basically 1 x 2 DLS in size - apart from feeling threatened?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
That animal could do with a rehouse into something much more spacious. What is it supposed to do in an enclosure that's basically 1 x 2 DLS in size - apart from feeling threatened?
Easy there, believe it or not, it has plenty of space, including it’s hide, and it’s burrow underneath that webbings. It’s just that specific angle that you cannot see it.