Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Tarantula Interest=freaked out fam

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by addie, May 10, 2016.

1. Toxoderidae

Toxoderidae Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    I got my tarantulas recently. Only my brother is afraid of spiders. 13 here, and the spiders don't phase my family. The day I handed them a report on the effects of venom from poecilotheria on a grown man was the day they let me order my first pokie.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Now that's speaking, man, if you ask me, Jesus Christ! To dare. If you are bitten, well, your problem. You wanted the bike, no, in the first place? So time for a good old school pedal, son.

High Five from Italy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. It is like anything. People will be afraid things for no reason other than the looks of it. Heck I know people with fears of completely inanimate objects. Through ignorance, people assign mythical properties to things and create hysteria. If you live at home, just abide by the rules and when you move out get your T's.

• Like Like x 1
  4. REEFSPIDER

REEFSPIDER Arachnobaron

Lol unrelated but my lady is completely terrified by ants. I actually find this amusing and often times joke that I'm going to bring home an ant colony one day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

People on this forum know how many I have as its lsted in my profile...but when anybody asks how many I have, I just say "a bunch"....no matter what number they throw out there to guess, I always say, "something like that" or "yeah, I have that many".....no one has ever actually even guessed close to the real number....I think one of the kids in the neighborhood got about halfway to the real number....lol...she didn't even believe me:)

If you really think about it, the bike so many parents just expect to give their kids, is a far more dangerous thing than is a t. Some of the worst injuries I sustained as a kid involved a bike in some manner. No one's died directly from a t bite...a bike can't make that claim;) Weeeellll, no one's died from being bitten by a bike, but y'all know what I mean.:)

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

haha, its funny that such a thing could even be construed as a threat.:hilarious:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Chris LXXIX

Eh eh eh we have more or less the same age :) you remember those things well i bet... we used to ride on full "hands off" here on country mountain roads mountain bikes later, and first BMX bikes... ah ah.

Worst than a 'Pokie' in the enclosure i tell you :mooning:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. TownesVanZandt

TownesVanZandt Arachnoangel Active Member

One individual ant, of course, it will not be a threat to anyone. But they are cowards deprived of all honour! When ants gets into a fight it´s never one on one, it´s always 50.000 ants vs one bloke! I´m telling you, those "warriors" will never make it to Valhalla o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  9. Chris LXXIX

Lo, i see here my Arachnid passion.
    Lo, now i see my deceased Theraphosidae.
    Lo, my 0.1 Goddess Pelinobius muticus call to me.

They bid me take my place on the Holy Burrow in the (covered with web) halls of Valhalla,
    where the brave may live forever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Toxoderidae

One day my brother and I were bike riding.. we rammed eachother and a bone was sticking out. I was dirt bike riding and I hit a tree at 45 mph. Wasn't for the gear I'd be a vegetable right now, broke my pinkie finger. A pokie won't do that!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  11. Going back to the first replies...
    I'm a card-carrying,flag-waving geek.
    I'm also pretty good-looking(haha),play guitar more than decent,and have children that like me.
    Call me what you want. Geek works. IDC. Let's hang out,lol.

Anyway,yeah,if they won't listen at all,trying to educate them won't work,but there is one secret trick...

Avicularia versicolor. Show them the babies. Almost everyone around me is appalled by spiders-except bright blue versicolor slings.
    I have a LOT of different T's. I only mention this because In have honestly seen this specific species win a few people over.
    Plus,it IS a good species,and available.
    Luck to ya,buddy-I gave my Son his first(a versicolor,haha)when he was 21,he wasn't ready. Sounds like you may be.
    Appreciate the next 2 years tho,even if you have to follow rules. I promise,your Parents do way more for you than you probably know.
    Paying bills stinks...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. REEFSPIDER

REEFSPIDER Arachnobaron

"TownesVanZandt, post: 2470083, it´s never one on one, it´s always 50.000 ants vs one bloke!"

We are talking one or more it doesn't matter immense fear and frantic screaming. This is because her mother drove the fear of ants into her as a child and I'm told her mother is actually more frightened; and more amusing when it comes to ants

13. Poec54

Poec54 Arachnoemperor Active Member

USA

"Inanimate objects don't have mythical powers?" What kind of nonsense is that! I suppose you're not aware of entire industries based on rabbit's feet (not the best luck for the rabbits though), Tarot Cards, & Wee Gee boards. People wouldn't buy them if they didn't work. Humanity has spent thousands of years carefully honing superstitions, charms, talisman, potions, & chants to keep all sorts of unpleasant supernatural beings from getting into mischief. Granted, it doesn't always work, but just think of the crap that would happen if people didn't use all this stuff!

14. Chris LXXIX

^^^^ :rolleyes:

Ah ah, and don't forget those Ouija table you people use in the US. Here those never got the "respect" the US granted.
    Only old style sèance crap, a cheap excuse for rich for have bizarre enterntainment or orgy.

At midnight old German 1800 style military wood toys starts to move u_u

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. HAHA... luuuluuuulll:D

• Love Love x 1
  16. Chris LXXIX

"... (silence) ... (midnight) ... (candles) ... "Luluuu... luluuu... please, answer us. Luluuu... are you there?" :peeking:

All of a sudden: ... (sound of chains, creepy noises)... "Psalmopoeus..." "Balah... balah... buuuuuh! AAAAAAH!" :mask:

Ah ah :kiss:

• Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  17. Vanessa

Vanessa Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

Along with the creepy garden gnomes. Now those things are plain evil.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris LXXIX

True! Those garden gnomes should been considered registered sex offenders, they are shady :shifty:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  19. Toxoderidae

I dislike clowns with a passion.

20. Look out for the big queen buggy man Lulu :D

• Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.