tarantula in a blender

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't even have to watch, already know what it is. A friends sent me that a long time ago.

Bad idea to post it here. Really bad idea. :wall:

John Kanker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol old, very old news. I'm impressed that they still turn up every now and then what a legend.{D

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why would you post something like this here? I mean, unless you are just trying to roust some folks for no reason? In my opinion that is a very crappy move.:embarrassed:

Link

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think that's real. That guy would have urticating hairs lining his GI. It looks like a molt crushed up in there not the actual spider.

I do know they eat Haplopelma sp. in Southeast Asia as a delicacy. It's sad, but it's life. People do things all the time that we can't control, but also it's a fact of life that big thing eats little thing.

I just wish people wouldn't try to show off what lack of brains they have by killing things senslessly (like this guy might have done).

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If is real...Well, what a stupid thing to do, I mean...:rolleyes:
I dont know what he is trying to prove. Put a human crap next time.

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At 1st I thought ,
ok.. maybe it's just one of the many recipes that include tarantula in some parts of the
world and it's not even uncommon...
but no, then the guy put "serve to unsuspecting guests"...
Not cool... just not cool at all. :embarrassed:

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think that's real. That guy would have urticating hairs lining his GI. It looks like a molt crushed up in there not the actual spider.

I do know they eat Haplopelma sp. in Southeast Asia as a delicacy. It's sad, but it's life. People do things all the time that we can't control, but also it's a fact of life that big thing eats little thing.

I just wish people wouldn't try to show off what lack of brains they have by killing things senslessly (like this guy might have done).
My exact thought. Beautiful looking T, and I think the chances of it really being blended rather than a molt are Zero. IMO. Unfortunately some of our bright and conscientious youth may take it as real and try to 'copy cat'.

John Kanker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My exact thought. Beautiful looking T, and I think the chances of it really being blended rather than a molt are Zero. IMO. Unfortunately some of our bright and conscientious youth may take it as real and try to 'copy cat'.
yes just like these same youth that copy cat the indians in south america with spider bbq's and the frying of them in asia. You hear about this all the time.:rolleyes:

I always love the comments on this when it pops up from time to time lol.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Ok. Now you need to post a happy video or photo. This is disturbing to my peace of mind, fake or not.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I am now crying in the corner sucking my thumb. Thanks YellowSnow. I mean BurntSnow ;) :D
Well, as long as we're dissing names here, you couldn't make it to agent005? Got bumped out of the top 5 slot? Oh, I know why you're agent006. You went to Kaplan University, didn't you?

*no offense to you or Kaplan University. The whole paragraph above this is just a joke.

Anyways, I think the blended tarantula is real. It didn't look fake in the photos, and the leg while being blended was very plump. Just look. Could that be a molt?

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

well though you feel this is a sad thing, understand that only americans see almost all living things lower than us as domesticated pets. All over the world as we speak are people eating Rats, Guinea Pig, Snakes, Scorpions, Tarantulas and even Dogs and Cats. Even we sit right next to our beautiful salt water tanks and eat sushi or fish sticks. It is a fact of life, I for one would love to experience cultural delicacy including open pit Tarantula. This however was a feeble attempt to be "radical" instead of actually showing something unique and interesting.
I do not blame or even ridicule the OP for this post. Its something that people should see so that we can undoubtedly understand that people are one of the most efficient parasites alive. We do as we please with no consequence, not yet anyway. Im going to be thankful that when it all comes tumbling down around us only the strong and competent will be left standing.