Tarantula help and feeder help.

KitsInvertsVa

Arachnopeon
I was thinking of getting one of the four tarantulas listed below.
Arizona blonde, gbb, pumpkin patch, or a curly hair
Which do you guys think is good for a beginner also, what type of feeder would you guys recommend to whichever one you pick, I was think of dubias but they burrow and play dead so not a good option for these ones.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Of the four, any will do besides the pumpkin patch aka. Hapalopus sp. small/large (for me) as they're quite small and reclusive when small and even as adults, they're quite enclosure/vibration sensitive in my experience. But it's really your call on what you want as long as it's not advanced for a beginner.

Feeders I recommend for a small collection will be crickets, but if you plan on expanding the collection with time, then I recommend a B. lateralis colony. Dubia's are not too bad, but they're quite annoying to deal with sometimes by playing dead and burrowing. I recommend to just slightly crush their heads and it'll help a bit. I mainly only use dubia under two conditions: for adults and when my B. lateralis feeder colonies are short on population.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
A.chalcodes...which would be your Arizona blond.Crickets,dubias,mealworms…...small children,meatloaf.

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
Feeders I recommend for a small collection will be crickets, but if you plan on expanding the collection with time, then I recommend a B. lateralis colony. Dubia's are not too bad, but they're quite annoying to deal with sometimes by playing dead and burrowing. I recommend to just slightly crush their heads and it'll help a bit. I mainly only use dubia under two conditions: for adults and when my B. lateralis feeder colonies are short on population.
This. Red Runners for the win.

I have two Hapalopus sp.Columbia (lg). One is reasonably chill, one is lightning to the burrow. Tarantulas going to tarantula. They are gorgeous though. Very cool little spoods. Moderate webbers, but Stone cold killahs too. :cool:

I also have a GBB. Another cool T. Very very heavy web. Love it.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Tliltocatl albopilosus (Curly Hair) is your best bet out of those, I use red runners and mealworms for the majority of my mine, I only really use dubia for my giant murder tanks.

KitsInvertsVa

Arachnopeon
I was looking at those I think i may get a gbb or a pumpkin patch because they are semi fast they burrow and are good eating which i'm looking for. So is a curly hair to but we will see.

Dead Blue Deer

Arachnopeon
I'm casting a vote for A. chalcodes! Curlyhair is also a good choice as they are known for being calm but be aware that every tarantula is different. I got a T albo sling as a freebie and four molts later, it is a little spitfire and will not hesitate to bolt out of its enclosure. As far as feeders go, I've been using mealworms of various sizes and they have been working out very well. They are cheap, store easily, and don't smell.

connieisdead

Arachnopeon
Definitely Curly hair, but the Arizona blond if you're patient, they take forever to grow. They're both great. I've noticed that dubias don't always get the best feeding response for my inverts. I recommend crickets or Red runner roaches. Dubias work just fine, but they do tend to burrow. Sometimes they'll tong fed dubias from me (slings will sometimes take pre-killed) but they have a hard time taking the live dubias. Mealworms have also gotten a good response from my Ts.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I am good with every choice other than the pumpkin patch. I own all of the others, multiples of the Chalcodes, used to have multiple GBBs. All are delightful Ts