Tarantula grooming

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
So I bought this Augocephalus Ezendami adult female a week ago. Since then she didn't eat a thing and was pretty much very skittish when food was given. I've noticed that she was grooming like A LOT and it bothers me if it could be a sign that something is wrong. I wouldn't be worried just by the fact that she is not eating, but her abdomen is very very slim and she is grooming like non stop. This is quite an unusual behavior since I haven't seen so much intense grooming in my experience. Any ideas?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Can you please post photos of enclosure setup and the T in question?

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry, but I won't be able to take any pictures until next week. It's a simple plastic enclosure with ~15 centimeters of substrate, water dish and a pre dug hole. She didn't settle in for a week now, she is just wondering around, not even trying to make a burrow, not eating, not drinking, just grooming a lot.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I'm afraid cant offer much help without photos. It could be anything. It takes time to settle in. I have had an AF H. namaquensis huddled in a corner of her new house since November.

Skinny abdomen and constant grooming sounds like mature male behaviour to me. Are you 100% sure its female?

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
Well I bought it as AF. There is no sign of male breeding organs and since Ezendami's don't get very large I'd say it's a confirmed female just considering that it's about 10cm legspan and is heavy body to short legs proportioned. I'm like 99% sure that it's a female.