• Mice/ Pinkies/ Fuzzies/ Hoppers

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other (anoles, wild caught bugs, etc)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I've tried a few things when it comes to feeding my tarantulas. Raising each kind comes with their benefits and drawbacks. What do you feed your tarantulas? Why did you choose that? :)

-Bryan

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use 90% crickets, and 10% roaches, pinkys, moths, ect..
Mostly crickets cause I can buy em at the store, and their easy.

Ernie

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I started a colony of mealworms a while back and now have a stable breeding population of beetles. I have to celebrate because there is only 1 petshop here in hyde park for crickets and I hate the shop owner like a dog hate a cat. Just think of it this way, the owner never let the customer touch or examine the animal that he/she is going to buy. I once asked him why, and he said that he was not anyone's slave. What kind of a rip off is that?

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi we buy crickets, and we also have a lobster roach colony. Then we also raise mice. We try to use a little variety. Pam and Ron

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
depending on the size of the T, I use the first 4 on the survey and the last one. Including flour beetles and their larvae for very small slings, worker termites, and waxworms, and I breed almost everything myself, to save me trips to the pet store(and the expense)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use a lot of rat pups for my mature t's. juvs and lings get mostly crickets. I am starting a colony each of madagascar hissing roaches and death head roaches too for feeders. I am leaning more towards the death head roaches because they don't climb glass. I am thinking about starting a mealworm colony as well as I want to eventually not have to buy any crickets.
Ed