Tarantula Food

SpiderFriend14

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, so I just picked up my first T (a G Pulchripes) and I’ve run into an issue. I was planning on buying one at 1.5 inches, but was forced to get one at .75 inches instead. My two questions are should I just instead of water bowl at this point and are mealworms still a good option for feeding? Thanks - SpiderFriend14

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Mealworms are fine. You can cut them if you have to.
If there's room for a water dish, include one.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Congrats on your new babes. Mealworms are so easy. They last a really long time in the fridge. Make sure you crush the head before giving them. I personally can't crush it so I just chop the head right off. Even my tiniest Ts have water dishes. I use Monopoly hotels, legos, water bottle lids, etc. How about a picture of your little guy?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey everyone, so I just picked up my first T (a G Pulchripes) and I’ve run into an issue. I was planning on buying one at 1.5 inches, but was forced to get one at .75 inches instead. My two questions are should I just instead of water bowl at this point and are mealworms still a good option for feeding? Thanks - SpiderFriend14
Instead????? Your grammar is off

Slices mealies are fine

Thane1616

Arachnosquire
Buy small crickets and crush the heads or buy pinheads. Mealworms work and the others have more experience than me but I remember reading somewhere they are high in phosphorus which is or can be bad for inverts. Not sure its true but I personally am only using them as an occasional feeder.

sasker

Arachnoprince
At that size, pieces of meal worms are totally fine. By the way, I hope the tarantula is on the spoon because you needed to rehouse it, not just for the picture. If your tarantula is settled in, you should not mess with it, like digging it up from its burrow. Unless you have a very good reason.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Do not mist, but include and appropriate water dish. And cut up mealworms, or pin head crickets or roaches all do fine!