Tarantula flips on its back! [video]

petkokc

Arachnosquire
I was trying to record this for a looooong time and now it finally happened! And it was damn luck because I was just on my way out before I noticed my A. geniculata female laying silk bed for molt. I only saw one video so far so I think this is a pretty rare catch :D
Enjoy, the look so sloppy while doing it xD

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Cool! What's that stuff that looks like flakes she's rubbing off her abdomen before the flip? I don't mean setae. It looks like dandruff.
Very cool video!

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Cool! What's that stuff that looks like flakes she's rubbing off her abdomen before the flip? I don't mean setae. It looks like dandruff.
Very cool video!
Its they're uriticating hair, T's equipped with it normally rub it off prior to molting as a defense against being eaten.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My female just molted the other day, same silk bed. Christ, they really hate hides and a bit of privacy, lol. Always in the open :-s

petkokc

Arachnosquire
My female just molted the other day, same silk bed. Christ, they really hate hides and a bit of privacy, lol. Always in the open :-s
She had hide, never used it. Actually she did used it...to sit on top of it :D
I don't mind that, at least something I can show when someones want to see my tarantulas, her and C. cyaneopubescens.