Tarantula feeder remains

Rainer Etsweiler

Arachnopeon
Hi guys! Quick question hoping someone can help me with. I know leaving my cricket carcasses can cause mites, but the thing is every time I feed my Brachypelma Boehmei he will eat right in front of me in his tank and I swear eats it all! I check his substrate every time after he finishes and can never find anything! Am I just missing it or is it possible hes actually eating the entire cricket? I am very new to this and any input would be great because I really would like to avoid a mite issue.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah ah, well... if there's nothing when you check for clean, one moment, there's nothing. Anyway genus Brachypelma doesn't require a particular humidity set up/parameter so I wouldn't be concerned at all even if, for instance, you would remove the hypotetical prey remains after a couple of days.

Btw the size of your Theraphosidae? :-s

Rainer Etsweiler

Arachnopeon
He is about a 2.5 inch male. I've owned him about a week now and he is great. I just worry a lot I'm doing something wrong because he never "sleeps" (inactivity hours) in his hide and would rather scrunch up against the wall and his fake plants. He has lost a bit of hair on his abdomen since I got him but from what i've read it is normal with these boehmeis... I do my best not to disturb him as much as possible

Attachments