Tarantula Feeder Question

Chancho1507

Arachnopeon
I just got some dubia roaches for my new T. Albo, and i fed them some cantaloupes that I initially forgot to wash before they were able to feed on it for a little. I took the fruit out and washed it all before putting a new clean one in. Should I be worried that I poisoned them with pesticides that could harm my T?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I just got some dubia roaches for my new T. Albo, and i fed them some cantaloupes that I initially forgot to wash before they were able to feed on it for a little. I took the fruit out and washed it all before putting a new clean one in. Should I be worried that I poisoned them with pesticides that could harm my T?
No, you shouldn't be worried.

Chancho1507

Arachnopeon
should i avoid feeding the dubias non organic fruit in general? this is my first T. so i havent had much experience in terms of keeping roaches and what not to feed them. thanks for your help

Mister B

Arachnopeon
Feed them anything as long as it's not mouldy, change it daily, roaches are not fussy about what they eat, I feed my Lateralis roaches fruit and veg scraps depending on what I'm having for dinner, carrot peelings, potato peelings even banana skins etc.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
no

should i avoid feeding the dubias non organic fruit in general? this is my first T. so i havent had much experience in terms of keeping roaches and what not to feed them. thanks for your help
yes

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I just keep it hassle-free and feed my dubia/lats a mix of unmedicated chick feed and fish flakes, and provide water crystals for hydration.