Tarantula documents

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
Hello, I've been trying to find some information on this topic, but didn't get the answer. Do you need and if yes, what kind of documents do you need to legaly keep T's, breed them, sell them?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, you should know the ones needed (if needed, I mean) for Lithuania, your nation, because I hardly doubt others will know.

Here in Italy you need the CITES papers only when you breed, sell, and (obviously) keep a CITES protected animal (in this case, arachnids).

You need this, otherwise you are considered a smuggler:

thumbnail_DSC_0454.jpg

cites.jpg

The CITES Italian authorities that works in the 'Corpo Forestale dello Stato' provide the breeder everything, following the whole process.

As far as I know, however, in general (in Europe) nothing particular is asked to have as mandatory for the keeper/seller.

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
Thanks you for your help! I guess everything is probably the same for our countries because of the European Union.

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
Well, you should know the ones needed (if needed, I mean) for Lithuania, your nation, because I hardly doubt others will know.

Here in Italy you need the CITES papers only when you breed, sell, and (obviously) keep a CITES protected animal (in this case, arachnids).

You need this, otherwise you are considered a smuggler:

View attachment 237225

View attachment 237226

The CITES Italian authorities that works in the 'Corpo Forestale dello Stato' provide the breeder everything, following the whole process.

As far as I know, however, in general (in Europe) nothing particular is asked to have as mandatory for the keeper/seller.

By the way, do you just come to authorities and tell them that you have a pet and you want to have CITES for it?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
By the way, do you just come to authorities and tell them that you have a pet and you want to have CITES for it?
No. You can keep (without mandatory sort of permits) all the T's you want.

My example was/is only for those arachnids (P.imperator, genus Brachypelma) that are in CITES.

This means that, here in Italy, if someone keep at home said CITES protected animals without the legit CITES paper (see my upload) required for, he/she technically is a smuggler (if spotted, of course).

In such a case, that person can't state something like "I was/I am in good faith" or "X or Y sold me that" or other stuff. Smuggling, period.

What a (CITES 'Brachy') breeder here in Italy need to do is to contact his/her local region CITES authority. Explain to those what he/she up to. Fix the bureaucrecy stuff that I'm sure enters. Done. Let's skip the whole breeding part: said breeder can sell those slings (for that matter juvenile/adults as well) and every customer receives his/her CITES paper from the seller.