tarantula crooked leg

xsziovh

Arachnopeon
I have a C. cyaneopubescens that molted about 2 months ago with a deformed leg. It is in premolt now and I am worried it might get stuck again. How it happen was it molted under a fake leaf and I guess it didn't have enough space and one of its legs got stuck in the molt.

Attachments

Last edited:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
It should just self amputate the limb if absolutely necessary. Leg injuries usually heal or regenerate with two or three subsequent moults.

xsziovh

Arachnopeon
It should just self amputate the limb if absolutely necessary. Leg injuries usually heal or regenerate with two or three subsequent moults.
I know that I am just wondering if there is a risk of it getting stuck in the molt and dying since the leg is in an odd shape.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I know that I am just wondering if there is a risk of it getting stuck in the molt and dying since the leg is in an odd shape.
Not likely, if the leg got stuck again, the tarantula can just rip it off and moult with seven legs. Losing limbs is much more common then tarantulas dying in stuck moults. Tarantulas really don’t die easily,

xsziovh

Arachnopeon
Not likely, if the leg got stuck again, the tarantula can just rip it off and moult with seven legs. Losing limbs is much more common then tarantulas dying in stuck moults. Tarantulas really don’t die easily,
Okay thanks I was really worried