Tarantula comedy: lost in its own enclosure

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
When you notice your human is LOOKING AT YOU and you need to go hide, but can't remember where you left the front door...

My favorite is how triumphant it is about being successfully hidden in its web tube at the end. With a whole side that...I can still see through. šŸ¤£

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
When you notice your human is LOOKING AT YOU and you need to go hide, but can't remember where you left the front door...

My favorite is how triumphant it is about being successfully hidden in its web tube at the end. With a whole side that...I can still see through. šŸ¤£
Hey, we all have a "special" pet. Lol!!!!!!

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hey, we all have a "special" pet. Lol!!!!!!
You say "a" like there's only one šŸ¤£.

In a similar theme, my Avicularia derpurea flailing around like it just discovered that the leaf it's been living on for the last 5 months actually has like, edges:

Not too surprisingly, our cats are derpy too... The T's fit right in šŸ„°

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Yeah, my black crossed eyed cat Wilson is definitely on the "derpy" side. But he's the most loving, sweetest cat you'll ever meet. But as far as my snakes and Ts goes, nobody really acts special! Lol!!

Yeah, my black crossed eyed cat Wilson is definitely on the "derpy" side. But he's the most loving, sweetest cat you'll ever meet. But as far as my snakes and Ts goes, nobody really acts special! I realize this isn't a cat thread, but this is "derpy" at its finest

20220606_192522.jpg 20220606_192510.jpg

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
I've heard folks telling me that once in a while, they get the odd draw of that one really derpy T or other invert. I feel as if oddballs of all species gravitate to me. Here are some of my weirdos:

G.pulchra: Steps on own foot and scares themselves; proceeds to run and smack into enclosure wall. Does this at least once per month.
GBB: Frequently knots herself up in her webbing and then needs help becoming unstuck.
G. Rosea: Frightened by even the smallest Dubia. Requires self pep-talk prior to starting hunt.
L. Parahybana: Digs multiple burrows but never uses them. Favorite hiding place= 1 inch leaf concealing only his face. "If I can't see you, you obviously can't see me."
T. albopilosus: Must remove every trace of substrate within a vicinity prior to molting. Prefers to molt on smooth surfaces, preferably in the most uncomfortable position possible.
C. Darlingi my friend is trying to gift me: Underestimates size of her own horn. Prefers to enter hide at edge with lowest clearance and can't comprehend why she's stuck.

Mouse "Slippery Sue": Can't wait for friend to leave occupied litterbox. Turns around and does business on friend.
Dog "Kiwi": Shows her love when I give her a treat by bringing me a poop from outdoors.
Red-Eared Slider: Utters terrifying primal screams. Preferably around 3am.

I can't wait to read what other shenanigans get posted on this thread!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I've heard folks telling me that once in a while, they get the odd draw of that one really derpy T or other invert. I feel as if oddballs of all species gravitate to me. Here are some of my weirdos:

G.pulchra: Steps on own foot and scares themselves; proceeds to run and smack into enclosure wall. Does this at least once per month.
GBB: Frequently knots herself up in her webbing and then needs help becoming unstuck.
G. Rosea: Frightened by even the smallest Dubia. Requires self pep-talk prior to starting hunt.
L. Parahybana: Digs multiple burrows but never uses them. Favorite hiding place= 1 inch leaf concealing only his face. "If I can't see you, you obviously can't see me."
T. albopilosus: Must remove every trace of substrate within a vicinity prior to molting. Prefers to molt on smooth surfaces, preferably in the most uncomfortable position possible.
C. Darlingi my friend is trying to gift me: Underestimates size of her own horn. Prefers to enter hide at edge with lowest clearance and can't comprehend why she's stuck.

Mouse "Slippery Sue": Can't wait for friend to leave occupied litterbox. Turns around and does business on friend.
Dog "Kiwi": Shows her love when I give her a treat by bringing me a poop from outdoors.
Red-Eared Slider: Utters terrifying primal screams. Preferably around 3am.

I can't wait to read what other shenanigans get posted on this thread!
Hey, absolutely nothing wrong with having " weirdos" They need love too! Lol!!!!

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
But wait, there's more!
Back to the C. Durrrlingi: This girl is the cutest little klutz. She's a fully grown adult, so her horn is of a decent size and seems to stick out more like a C. marshalli (whom I suspect who she really might be). I told my homie I posted her story of getting stuck and was rewarded with another gem. This T also stumbles around her enclosure, often losing her balance. One day he returned from work to see her on her back, high-sided on her own horn in a gap within a plank of cork. She had been flailing for who knows how long until he flipped her over.
I wish he took photos first.

Folks on this board, please share your personal T comedy stories!!!

Chris73G

Arachnopeon
My vagans lady usually bolts under her cork bark hide when i open the enclosure for watering or feeding. Sometimes sheĀ“ll dart past the entrance to its left for like 2-3 inches, then suddenly stops like "wait...thats not my burrow, must have taken the wrong turn, need to go back" for a brief moment before turning around and this time entering her burrow. Maybe i should put an "Your home here"-sign over her cork bark :).

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Avicularia derpurea vs ceiling:
Derp is fine, had a bit of safety net there already:
PXL_20221024_220954366.jpg
Did give me a minor heart attack though.

Wish it would decide where to put the hammock already, judging by the chonk level and slippery feet it's gonna need it soon šŸ¤£