Tarantula Collection Organization Day

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I finally organized some of my tarantula enclosures today. I still have somethings to do, but this is looking much better.

Now, I have to find the time to label, mark, and number them properly, since I'm slacking on that aspect for the time being.

IMG_2485.JPG

Craig73

Arachnoangel
My back is hurting thinking about this. How long did this take, looks really well organized.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I’d hate to bump into those deli cup towers….. 😬

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I finally organized some of my tarantula enclosures today. I still have somethings to do, but this is looking much better.

Now, I have to find the time to label, mark, and number them properly, since I'm slacking on that aspect for the time being.

View attachment 405176
That's a tight ship you run, very nice and organized.

Just one question though.

What happens when you are in there and turn around and your butt hits all the deli cups? 🤣

Liquifin

Arachnoking
In terms of delicups, I'm very aware of my surroundings, but I'm usually prepared for counter-measures. I have this homemade carboard cut-out fence I use as a counter measure in case something leans over.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I have this homemade carboard cut-out fence I use as a counter measure in case something leans over.
You should name this Ingenious tool lol

did you learn by trial and error, knocking them over a few times?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
You should name this Ingenious tool lol

did you learn by trial and error, knocking them over a few times?
I've only ever had one accidental knock down. Delicups can tilt at times because of the over-stacking (Which is why I don't do it anymore). I find that if there is something to lean on as a minor support, it tends to help hold the delicups in place. So I would cut out thick cardboard strips and use metal binder clips to hold it up like a fence so they don't tilt over. Worked ever since and I still use it till this day.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
My back is hurting thinking about this. How long did this take, looks really well organized.
Only 2 hours. But I lose track sometimes, so I'd say 2 months?

I hope you don't have earthquakes in your area!

Very impressive. 👍
Luckily we don't.

How many do you have in total? That looks like a lot to keep track of!
Within my own collection I'd say about 120. With the slings I've produce and some females and males I'd say sometimes 1,200-2000+ (mostly slings) if it gets hectic . So I usually pay my younger brother out of pocket for assistance. I think it's about 200 T.'s left once I wholesale everything out. My tarantula numbers is a joke compared to actual tarantula breeders that are taking it more seriously.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
since I'm slacking on that aspect for the time being
This is all about you, I'm willing to come there with my OWN Sharpie marker, and perform the required the labeling. Of course the gift to me for my hard work is of course I keep that which I helped label. Like I said, this is all about you.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
This is all about you, I'm willing to come there with my OWN Sharpie marker, and perform the required the labeling. Of course the gift to me for my hard work is of course I keep that which I helped label. Like I said, this is all about you.
I got the labels made, now I just have to stick them accordingly. If you were local to me, I'd trust you enough to give a gift of some free tarantulas :troll: .

Craig73

Arachnoangel
If you were local to me, I'd trust you enough to give a gift of some free tarantulas :troll: .
If he were to show up would he find a compound in the middle of nowhere with riffle towers and rottweilers gaurding the stock pile? Inquiring minds want to know in case his account goes quiet.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
If he were to show up would he find a compound in the middle of nowhere with riffle towers and rottweilers gaurding the stock pile? Inquiring minds want to know in case his account goes quiet.
hahaha, lured by the booty trap.

neat stacks, i would almost love to have that many but all the work makes it less exiting to me

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is a LOT of Ts. But being that you obviously breed, it should be expected. Very impressive indeed.