Tarantula coctail

CindyMoon

Arachnopeon
http://martianjoyridesgonebad.blogspot.no/2007/01/au-naturelle-healthdrink.html?m=1

I was Googleing around and ran into this (I was looking at tarantulas drinking water as I wanted to make sure mine would have a good access to her water, the bowl is a bit odd shaped, didn't expect to run into this).. But what do you guys think about this? Personally I think it's gross but I guess I'm a hypocrite for saying that since I eat meat (although very limited). I just can't help but feel sorry for the tarantulas involved :(

Sorry if this is a sensitive or inappropriate topic, I don't mind if it was removed. I just want to hear someone's thoughts on this. Of course I knew insects were eaten around the world and I've heard of grilled tarantulas, but not quite this :p

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Right, so you take a live tarantula, put in a blender with fruits and milk and drink it raw, urticating hairs, fangs and all? Don´t believe just anything you find on the internet!

Last edited:

CindyMoon

Arachnopeon
Right, so you take a live tarantula, put in a blender with fruits and milk and drink it raw, urticating hairs, fangs and all? Don´t believe just anything you find on the internet!
Haha I actually don't and am usually skeptical with most of what I read online, but like I said, I've seen people eat all kinds of crazy stuff so this didn't sound THAT crazy.. But now that you put it that way it does sound even more crazy :p

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I believe it.

I saw a story on TV about a man who raised tarantulas only to eat them.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Will this would turn into the new 'Hollywood' fashion, after that Pilates rapture revival, btw?

Christ I know why T's hobby is growing :angelic: someone said to Madonna that 'T's frullato' is the secret of long life.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
This looks like a joke but natives do roast and eat tarantulas in many countries. T.blondi is one of the species, they burn the hairs away. As a meat eater, one can still complain as the animals are taken from wild and not bred for consumption, which puts pressure on native populations.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
This looks like a joke but natives do roast and eat tarantulas in many countries. T.blondi is one of the species, they burn the hairs away. As a meat eater, one can still complain as the animals are taken from wild and not bred for consumption, which puts pressure on native populations.
It's probably more sustainable to only eat what you catch than to clear a ton of land to raise animals that you clear a bunch of land to raise food for...

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I believe it.

I saw a story on TV about a man who raised tarantulas only to eat them.
Even if you eat them, you're not going to just toss everything in there. When was the last time someone used a whole animal for any kinda recipe without killing and cleaning it? That someone could put parts of a tarantula in a drink I can believe but to just throw it all in tooth and claws. I find that hard to believe.

elysium

Arachnosquire
Even if you eat them, you're not going to just toss everything in there. When was the last time someone used a whole animal for any kinda recipe without killing and cleaning it? That someone could put parts of a tarantula in a drink I can believe but to just throw it all in tooth and claws. I find that hard to believe.
Lol this reminds me of one of my favorite TV shows 'Hannibal' with Mads Mikkelsen - amazing show - where they eat a rare bird in one of the scenes. Here is an article on the practice, and a link to the scene in question.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodandd...to-eat-this-bird-head-bones-beak-and-all.html

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I didn't click on the link until now... WHAT THE FUNK!??!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Lol this reminds me of one of my favorite TV shows 'Hannibal' with Mads Mikkelsen - amazing show - where they eat a rare bird in one of the scenes. Here is an article on the practice, and a link to the scene in question.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodandd...to-eat-this-bird-head-bones-beak-and-all.html

A quote from the article where they talk about drowning the live bird in the marinade.
French chefs argue that “it’s not a bad way to die”.
Note that none of the chiefs were lining up to drown in the marinade.

Yeah, people will always look for crazy things to eat. It looks like they took out the guts and feathers, though.

louise f

Arachnoangel
There is a channel on you tube named food for louis. He eats all kinds of sick shit. :vomit::vomit: Including a live tarantula in one of the episodes.
I`m not gonna post it because it is pretty nasty to look at. :vomit: There`s also an episode where he drink 10 blended mice, he took them frozen and puts them in the blender. I had to turn that of because that nearly made me throw up. :vomit::vomit:

Last edited:

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
There is a channel on you tube named food for louis. He eats all kinds of sick shit. :vomit::vomit: Including a live tarantula in one of the episodes.
I`m not gonna post it because it is pretty nasty to look at. :vomit: There`s also an episode where he eats 10 blended mice, he took them frozen and puts them in the blender. I had to turn that of because that nearly made me throw up. :vomit::vomit:

WHAT. THE. HELL.

CindyMoon

Arachnopeon
Me too but anyone stupid enough to play with his tarantula like that would probably be stupid enough to do this. And my god we all know there are a lot of dumb people out there. I think you are underestimating people's stupidness :p

CindyMoon

Arachnopeon
I`m not gonna post it because it is pretty nasty to look at. :vomit: There`s also an episode where he drink 10 blended mice, he took them frozen and puts them in the blender. I had to turn that of because that nearly made me throw up. :vomit::vomit:

Just reading that made me gag and breathe in air with a shocking sound so loud that my daughter came running "what what!?" Haha..

But ffs.. This is just beyond awful.