• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Tarantula Canada (http://www.tarantulacanada.ca)

RoseK

Arachnosquire
100% positive

I ordered for the first time from Tarantula Canada last week and I'm very pleased with both the animals and the service. Amanda was fantastic to talk to on the phone and the inverts (a juvie Damon diadema, a B. boehmi sling and B. albopilosum sling) were healthy and enthusiastic eaters. She even threw in a N. tripepii sling as a freebie.

I highly recommend Tarantula Canada for any arachnophiliac, whether it be a collector looking for a rare species or a newbie trying to choose their first spider. I will definitely order from them again.

DamonM

Arachnopeon
I was always pretty nervous about ordering a live animal online, especially something as small and fragile as a sling. I spent time watching reviews for T Canada and everyone's specimens arrived in perfect health. So, I decided to order a sling online, a E. Cyanognathus. As expected, it arrived in perfect health, and as an added bonus, I recieved an N. Tripepii sling for free. I'm assuming they have loads of those as extras as many people have been receiving these freebies but I won't complain; I'll always welcome a T to the collection! Very positive here, I hope to do business with Tarantula Canada in the future.

Spiderkyle

Arachnopeon
100% positive

I've recently started dealing with Amanda at tarantula Canada but I don't plan to go anywhere else anymore. Only issue was 2'of the 5 slings i ordered were doa but were replaced immediately so I can't complain. I've since ordered 5 more and all came in perfect health, and great packing too.

Kaltheory

Arachnopeon
A+++

I forgot to leave my own review!

two seperate orders from these guys so far.

1x GBB sling
&
1x G. pulchripes sling

both times they arrived perfectly safe and secure.

Amanda answered every question I had so the last few concerns I had were gone by the time my little guys arrived.

Will be doing business with them for the rest of my career as a Hobbyist I daresay!

Cheers!
Kal

RoseK

Arachnosquire
A+++++++

I attended the Reptile Expo in Downsview on November 10, and it was a pleasure to see and do business with Amanda again. She loaned me a MM P. cancerides for breeding and returned a MM A. metallica I'd loaned her last June. I also bought the following slings:
  • E. sp. Red
  • L. striatus
  • C. cyanopubescens
  • L. parahybana
  • 5 H. incei slings for a colony
I was really happy to see that she added an extra sling to the H. incei colony for free. The prices were right and, as usual, Tarantula Canada's customer service was first-rate. Thanks, Amanda :)

Darvid

Arachnopeon
I ordered a P. murinus all the way on the other side of canada in B.C. It came 2 days later in great health and amanda threw in an extra sling for free. definetly a great outcome will be ordering from them again in the future

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
What can I say?

AMAZINGLY POSITIVE.

There's an understanding when ordering from TarCan. Not only is it like dealing with the head of the Canadian family, but picking up the babies from the extended family at an ERAS meeting.

Ordered a 5" female P.regalis for my male to pair with. First female I've ever seen with my eyes. GORGEOUS, and thick in the backside!! Hahaha
Also 5 other slings to help round some more of my collection, all in perfect health! And a B.vagans as a freebie!!

Always a pleasure Amanda and Martin!!!
My appreciation is truly deep!!

Thankyou!!

Nick

RoseK

Arachnosquire
A plus!

I visited the Tarantula Canada booth at the Reptile Expo in Downsview last weekend and saw a beautiful mature female Euathlus sp. Red for a terrific price. After buying her, I enjoyed a long chat with Amanda, who is a pleasure to do business with as well as buy from (my MM G. rosea RCF and MM A. avic are currently at TarCan doing their bit for the CB population!). It goes without saying that I will buy from Tarantula Canada again and recommend them to others.

SpiritScale

Arachnopeon
Awesome amazing a+++ positive

Most of my collection (including my little G. grandidieri) are from Tarantula Canada and I love the service, the people and the animals. The animals have been super healthy and great eaters. Amanda has been great with meeting me to make in-store purchases, help me decide what to keep/educate me on different species and answer any questions. Always super friendly and super fast to reply to emails :)

I always stop by at our local expos to say hi and check out what's in stock.

ecooper

Arachnoknight
100%+

I ordered 4 Damon diadema and 3 Acromares vittatum as part of a group shipment to Vancouver. I corresponded quite a bit before shipping, especially about the care of the Acromares . Martin was concerned that the Acromares were fragile and might not ship well...so he sent 9 to ensure I got three! Plus, he included a Lasiodora difficilis sling as a freebee! As it is, the Damon and Lasiodora arrived in perfect shape and there are at least 6 Acromares (they are pretty cryptic). So fair prices, good service, good communication and more than I paid for. Could a transaction be any better?

The only thing I'm unhappy about was that I couldn't afford to buy more!

EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

Last edited:

josh090

Arachnopeon
100% Positive!

I ordered a shipment from Tarantula Canada back in late February. They were a pleasure to deal with, and Amanda quickly put to rest any concerns I had about ordering online. They shipped me out a pair of H. Maculatas and 3 G. Rosea with a bonus, a little P. Murinus. They have great response times on any emails, the packaging was great! I will definitely be ordering through TarCan again!

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
All I can say is WOW! A very positive experience.

100% POSITIVE!!!

I hate talking to people on the phone, but Amanda made the experience as positive as it could ever possibly be for me. The b. vagans sling I ordered arrived in perfect health, peeking cutely out of its paper towel. Amanda also threw in a spunky little L. difficilis sling as a freebie. I was planning on ordering one next month, so I was delighted by that little surprise. :)

Without a doubt, I will be giving Tarantula Canada more business, and likely in the very near future.

Thanks Martin and Amanda! You guys rock. :D

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
These people go above and beyond the call!

Make that 1000% POSITIVE!!!

I recently made another order through Tarantula Canada, and I got to experience first-hand how much Martin and Amanda care about customer service. I placed the order on July 6th, for shipment on the following Wednesday. I learned after the fact that it's always wise to make sure your T shipments go out at the beginning of the week.

Martin and Amanda shipped my order on Wednesday as promised, and I paid for next day delivery. Unfortunately Canada Post takes liberties with what "Next Day Delivery" means, because the order didn't show up on Thursday or Friday. On Friday I called Amanda to let her know and ask for a tracking number. She got back to me the same evening after getting on the phone with Canada Post and finding out where my package was and when I could expect to get it. She gave me the tracking number, promised to keep me updated as information became available and took the time to reassure me that my Ts were probably fine. Sure enough, my package arrived today in the early morning, and the T's were well-packed and seemingly healthy.

On top of how helpful she was throughout the process, Amanda also chose to extend the health guarantee on my T's from 7 days to 28 because of their long trip. Could you ask for better service? There are no words to express my gratitude. Warm thanks to Martin and Amanda of Tarantula Canada - you are truly an asset to this hobby. :)

If you're looking to order Tarantulas online, you couldn't find a better place to do it from. I believe I'll be a regular customer of Tarantula Canada for many years to come. :biggrin:

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
100% Very Positive Experince

Like a few others, this was my first time ordering slings from Tarantula Canada. Martin & Amanda must have been very busy getting ready for the show in Tucson, Arizona, this week, but Amanda was great to deal with on the phone & very personable. They shipped out on Monday, and arrived Tuesday morning.

I ordered a G. pulchripes, a GBB, and a P. subfusca Highland. Amanda was nice enough to throw in an LP sling as a freebie. All arrived safe & sound, all cozy in their little moist towlettes inside 35mm film canisters, which were tightly & well packed with newspaper inside the box.

Tarantula Canada has a great assortment of slings for sale, and I recommend them highly to anyone looking to get into the hobby or expand their current collection. :)

Rob

OTTAWA

dementedlullaby

Arachnobaron
I've bought a lot of my spiders from tarantulacanada. They are located about half an hour away so I make the trip.

First time I went I bought an A. versi sling from Amanda. She was very nice, chatted with me for a little bit and even gave me some pinheads for free :).

My wife and I went to the MTL Repticon and bought two slings which is where I met Martin for the first time. He was very nice as well. Chatted with me about Ts for a bit and was patient while we picked out what we wanted.

Last Friday we went down to the store together. Martin was there again and we had a nice chat about Ts and he helped me out with my T. ockerti questions and was an all around class act.

I'll keep doing business with TCanada for sure. They are an awesome couple! 110% positive review. Can't say enough about 'em.

The owner of Reptile Concepts which is the store they are associated with is a little brash but not a bad guy by any means :). Nothing to do with Amanda or Martin but figured I'd say so anyhow.

Last edited:

MrDave

Arachnosquire
Thought I'd take a moment and report what a great pleasure it was ordering my first tarantulas from Tarantula Canada. I emailed an inquiry late Friday night about a month ago. Amanda replied Sunday after noon and I emailed a payment to her that evening. The following Tuesday 4 tiny monsters arrived (Two 1/4 LP spiderlings and a 1 inch g pulchripes and a surprise 3rd LP). All were in great health and remain so. Amanda kindly answered a couple questions I had the following couple of days.

If I become as addicted to collecting T's as some do (very possible), Tarantula Canada will be my dealer :).

Dave

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Positive!

I recently ordered from Tarantula Canada:
1 Eupalaestrus campestratus
1 Lampropelma violaceopes
1 Phormictopus platus
1 Poecilotheria vittata
1 Latrodectus tredecimguttatus
1 Lieurus Quinquestriatus
3 Pandinus cavimanus

They were an absolute pleasure to deal with in many ways:
-very clear and detailed Terms of Service with not only Live Arrival guarantee, but they also guarantee their stock for a week after arrival to make sure everyone settles in alright and doesn't die with delayed shock. (Provided one agreed to next day delivery.)
-Excellent selection. Their pricelist always has so many wonderful things that I have to make a list of only things I really really want, and then cut it in half to fit my budget. Great variety of tarantulas and always some other nice tidbits like scorpions, other mygolomorphs, some true spiders, amblypygids tc.
-Great communication. Quick to reply and happy to e-mail as many times as necessary to answer questions and hash out all the details.
-Ethical: Tarcan strongly supports captive breeding and is open about where all their stock comes from.
-Good packing. Arrived with next day service. All inverts were alive and healthy...settled in and eating by next day.
-Willing to go the extra mile: they only had one cavimanus in stock themselves, but found the two others at a different breeders for me within the week and sent them all together.
-Also got a nice little freebie B. albopilosum!

I honestly can't think of any way that my experience could have been improved.
I will definitely be ordering from Tarantula Canada over and over again in the future and would recommend them to anybody.

MrDave

Arachnosquire
100% awesome.

I submitted another order for spiders from Tarantula Canada. 2 of P. cambridgei and 1 Tapinauchenius cf sanctivincenti. The spiders arrived today in great health, packed perfectly with a 'cold pack' to protect them from the heat we've had recently. The cold pack did not cost extra. Shipping was only $14. And to top it all off, the order arrived with a free L. difficilis sling. Given my enjoyment of my LPs, the choice of freebie makes me very happy - another fast growing (presumably) Lasiodora!

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
++++another positive purchase++++++

I made another order last week with Tar Can, before it gets too cold, for the following species:

- 1 X ¾" A. chalcodes

- 1 X 1" L. nigerimmum

As usual, they arrived nicely & tightly boxed up in their pill jars, and Amanda tossed in a free B. albopilosum (I know they are really common, but I love 'em. Have 4 now) :biggrin:

Thank you, Amanda & Martin, for another great ordering experience.

Cheers,

Rob

Ottawa

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Seems like everyone has only good things to say about Tar Can. You can count me among them!

Haven't had Ts in almost 4 years, and Tar Can made the whole process super smooth and easy.
I ordered 2 P. metallica from them. Opened the package and they were moving like they weren't in a shipping box for a over a day.
Also got an adorable little freebie.

100% positive.