Tarantula burrows seem comfy

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Has anyone ever thought about how cozy tarantulas must be in their burrows? I was just watching my G pulchripes groom his fangs after his meal today. He's in his burrow. I started thinking about how his log hide kinda looks like a little house, and I started yawning. It looks so comfortable in there. It's all warm and snug, you're safe, and you can sleep all day. It's like a bed for a human.

Last edited:

tetracerus

Arachnosquire
Bahaha that is adorable mental imagery. Sometimes my GBB sprawls on its suspended webbing, which looks like it makes for a pretty comfy hammock :)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Sometimes I wish I was a Tarantula. Life would be amazing.
Yeah, the blindness, the lack of hearing, the having to eat bugs, the being preyed on by birds and the having to shed your skin to grow. That sounds like the life.
Kappa.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The best part would be getting to die by the hands (palps? chelicerae?) of your lover after a round of passionate lovemaking.
Or before it..

Imagine standing there all ready to go.. things are looking good... she moves in close.. Then BAM she bites out your throat and feasts on your corpse so she has enough food to raise someone else's kids....

Yeah. That would be so great. :p

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Or before it..

Imagine standing there all ready to go.. things are looking good... she moves in close.. Then BAM she bites out your throat and feasts on your corpse so she has enough food to raise someone else's kids....

"Best... death... ever"

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Or before it..

Or even better, the other way around! :dead:

Leila

Arachnobaron
I'd like to be my pet tarantula. I mean, here is this giant who is obsessing over every minute detail of my existence. She keeps me safe from the weather, feeds me nice plump meals, dotes over my old outfits while showing off my new outfits to her friends, finds me hot studs with whom I can share romantic escapades- WHAT ISN'T TO LOVE?? Ah, and as Moak mentioned- I'd have a nice cozy hide in which to bask away in all of my spoiled rotten moments of existence.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I'd like to be my pet tarantula. I mean, here is this giant who is obsessing over every minute detail of my existence. She keeps me safe from the weather, feeds me nice plump meals, dotes over my old outfits while showing off my new outfits to her friends, finds me hot studs with whom I can share romantic escapades- WHAT ISN'T TO LOVE?? Ah, and as Moak mentioned- I'd have a nice cozy hide in which to bask away in all of my spoiled rotten moments of existence.
Aah the life of a tarantula would be so laid back, talk about the easy life...your kids look after themselves after a few months, ah we can dream.
Wouldn't change a single thing in reality - TBH

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'm not even going to lie. I think being a tarantula (or pretty much any other animal) after being a human would suck unless you just devolved down to their intelligence. Which would also suck.

We look at our pets and think of their easy life which does hold some appeal I guess. Then think of all the things that they are limited by, can't do, will never understand.

You guys can be tarantulas if you want. I'm good with being human. :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
I'm not even going to lie. I think being a tarantula (or pretty much any other animal) after being a human would suck unless you just devolved down to their intelligence. Which would also suck.

We look at our pets and think of their easy life which does hold some appeal I guess. Then think of all the things that they are limited by, can't do, will never understand.

You guys can be tarantulas if you want. I'm good with being human. :)
Yeah, but they can't comprehend that they are 'missing out' on anything, man. They have no concept of riding rollercoasters or eating pizza or going to a party. None of that would matter.

If a tarantula were in my shoes- rather, my cast- it wouldn't sit around feeling sorry for itself because of all the summer fun it must forgo. It'd be all like "kewl, this spot is comfy. maybe I will sit here for 110 hours. niiiiiice..."

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, but they can't comprehend that they are 'missing out' on anything, man. They have no concept of riding rollercoasters or eating pizza or going to a party. None of that would matter.

If a tarantula were in my shoes- rather, my cast- it wouldn't sit around feeling sorry for itself because of all the summer fun it must forgo. It'd be all like "kewl, this spot is comfy. maybe I will sit here for 110 hours. niiiiiice..."
I get they don't know better but since I do it just doesn't appeal to me. If I were to die and come back as a tarantula with no memory of anything else I'm sure I'd roll with it. However, if I had to come back for a second run I'd still prefer to be human. I just don't get the I want to be a simpler animal ideal.

Just like I find people who think they were born in the wrong century a bit odd. I get with the pressure of today's world people might want to go back to a simpler time... but who wants to die from something we can now cure with a pill. Not to mention all the other stuff that came with living in another century.

I've also had friends who say they would love to be their cats... lazing about in the sun all day. I remind them that they hard all their cats spayed and neutered which seems to bring them back around. :)

Finally, after seeing some of the "oh crap my tarantula just lost two legs after I shut him in the enclosure door" posts on here I don't know if being a T would be in my best interest. :(

Anyway, it's probably just me. Carry on. :D

Leila

Arachnobaron
I get they don't know better but since I do it just doesn't appeal to me. If I were to die and come back as a tarantula with no memory of anything else I'm sure I'd roll with it. However, if I had to come back for a second run I'd still prefer to be human. I just don't get the I want to be a simpler animal ideal.

Just like I find people who think they were born in the wrong century a bit odd. I get with the pressure of today's world people might want to go back to a simpler time... but who wants to die from something we can now cure with a pill. Not to mention all the other stuff that came with living in another century.

I've also had friends who say they would love to be their cats... lazing about in the sun all day. I remind them that they hard all their cats spayed and neutered which seems to bring them back around. :)

Finally, after seeing some of the "oh crap my tarantula just lost two legs after I shut him in the enclosure door" posts on here I don't know if being a T would be in my best interest. :(

Anyway, it's probably just me. Carry on. :D
I mean, "yeah" to every thing you pointed out. Lol. I do not actually want to be a tarantula, just to make that clear. I was just having a bit of fun ;)