Tarantula burrowing?

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Why won't my tarantulas burrow. I've tried giving them hides I've tried taking away the hides. I've Tried starting burrows. Non of them seem to want to burrow. Even the cobalt blue when it was still helthy. What is going on.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Give them time - - my H. lividum spent two solid months out and about before deciding to construct a huge burrow over just two days, didn't see her for two months, and now she splits her time between the burrow and being out. All Ts are different, just enjoy them for how they are.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
maybe they dont want to! never question a tarantula it knows whats up!

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Adopting their new home maybe? Keep them in a dark place for a week or so, i sure they'll finish making holes/burrows. Disturbance is not a must, old world T's or all of the T's spent their time, alone. Just provide a source of hydration.

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A tarantula will do what it wants no matter how you change things around. Just give it time they will surprise you one day haha!! Also my obt webs like crazy too it also goes from it's webbed hide to it's plant hide which is webbed so you can't see her really clever!!

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your right they do surprise you. The obt especially. It kept putting up a small web and tearing it down. It did that like 4 times before I came in onit today inside it's toob Web.

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your right they do surprise you. The obt especially. It kept putting up a small web and tearing it down. It did that like 4 times before I came in onit today inside it's toob Web.
I think its trying to tell you it wants to play haha!! Either put your hand in there and show it love or it will tear up things hahahahahahahahahaha!! :D:D

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aww to bad you got a burrowing p murinus instead of a webbing one:( too bad. Now I know I'm going to look over and see it under the ground burrowing some more.