Tarantula breeders around Idaho??????

ReeReeReed

Arachnopeon
anyone know of any breeders in Idaho or neighboring states? I'm having the damnedest time finding tarantulas in the state.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
anyone know of any breeders in Idaho or neighboring states? I'm having the damnedest time finding tarantulas in the state.
Of course you are, you live in the beautiful state of Idaho. There are some breeders in the Pac Northwest and Cali. You will likely have to order Ts either from the LPS OR online.

ReeReeReed

Arachnopeon
Of course you are, you live in the beautiful state of Idaho. There are some breeders in the Pac Northwest and Cali. You will likely have to order Ts either from the LPS OR online.
LPS? I'm still new to the whole T thing but an enthusiast none the less.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
LPS? I'm still new to the whole T thing but an enthusiast none the less.
Local Pet Store

Go on Google and search for an Exotic pet store near you. Honestly though, just order from online - you can't beat the selection. Just read the reviews on here. Just because it's a big name company doesn't mean that they're reputable. Backwater Reptiles is one of the big names that you should avoid.

Last edited:

ReeReeReed

Arachnopeon
Local Pet Store

Go on Google and search for an Exotic pet store near you. Honestly though, just order from online - you can't beat the selection. Just read the reviews on here. Just because it's a big name company doesn't mean that they're reputable. Backwater Reptiles is one of the big names that you should avoid.
Oh crap. Why should I avoid backwater? I bought a "Brazilian Black" from them about 4 months ago but it's still far too young to even tell if it's actually even a Brazilian Black.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh crap. Why should I avoid backwater? I bought a "Brazilian Black" from them about 4 months ago but it's still far too young to even tell if it's actually even a Brazilian Black.
Because Backwater aka Slackwater aka (insert anything negative) chronically sends out Ts that are the wrong species, the wrong gender you name it, they have done it. Good luck on getting a G. pulchra, I'd be surprised if it was, esp if the price was cheap.

You'd be better off burning your money!

ReeReeReed

Arachnopeon
Local Pet Store

Oh crap. Why should I avoid backwater? I bought a "Brazilian Black" from them abut it's still far too young to even tell if it's actually even a Brazilian Black.
Because Backwater aka Slackwater aka (insert anything negative) chronically sends out Ts that are the wrong species, the wrong gender you name it, they have done it. Good luck on getting a G. pulchra, I'd be surprised if it was, esp if the price was cheap.

You'd be better off burning your money!
mother effer... That's what I get for not doing research.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't know because I live in Italy but since you mentioned Idaho I can't resist to "mock" old good Richard Pryor and his movie "Moving".

I don't know if there's T's breeders/sellers or what else there, but, wow... are those true 100% Idaho potatoes? <-- Hardly you will find another Italian saying this u_u

lol jok

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
mother effer... That's what I get for not doing research.
You're not the first to order from them, trust me. They've been known to unload their males to unsuspecting buyers - you're fortunate in the sense that you apparently ordered a sling. No chance of them intentionally sending you a male. As for what species you'll be getting... well, let's just say you should never attempt to breed it. No telling what you really got.

ReeReeReed

Arachnopeon
I don't know because I live in Italy but since you mentioned Idaho I can't resist to "mock" old good Richard Pryor and his movie "Moving".

I don't know if there's T's breeders/sellers or what else there, but, wow... are those true 100% Idaho potatoes? <-- Hardly you will find another Italian saying this u_u

lol jok
Hahahah, I moved from Georgia to here and a few of my friends back in Georgia were eager to ask me if I had seen any "potato farms" yet, which I'm not sure if I have or haven't. I don't know exactly what a field of potato looks like haha.

ReeReeReed

Arachnopeon
You're not the first to order from them, trust me. They've been known to unload their males to unsuspecting buyers - you're fortunate in the sense that you apparently ordered a sling. No chance of them intentionally sending you a male. As for what species you'll be getting... well, let's just say you should never attempt to breed it. No telling what you really got.
Well I did manage to get a $20 refund after I complaine they sent me a 1/3" sling and the receipt said 1" - 1 1/2". So I guess I was reluctant for that from them.

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Well I did manage to get a $20 refund after I complaine they sent me a 1/3" sling and the receipt said 1" - 1 1/2". So I guess I was reluctant for that from them.
Indeed....glad you got the refund, always good to check your resources, and do your research when dealing with any sales. With tarantulas I personally look for those with many many perfect reviews, a reputation for having incredible customer service, and good communication ;)

Best of luck in your future tarantula dealings and in this beautiful hobby.

Last edited:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
There are a few good ones in Western Washington. Prices are decent and if they don't have it, they can get it. I don't think I can advertise here for them. I'll send you a pm