tarantula bite?

chilean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This video is VERY DISGUSTING!!!! I'm warning you all!!!! There are more similar videos, but they don't mention what kind of spider?
My question is; this is not a tarantula bite is it? I hope not, because I ain't ever gonna touch my T if it is. :(
Has anyone ever been bit by their T, and what exactly happens to the area the T has bit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O1Vocv10IE

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they don't mention the spider, because well, they probably aren't sure it was a spider that bit them and caused that... I could be wrong, but I don't think that is a spider bite

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ugh. It looked like something laid an egg in her face. I couldn't see the first one cuz youtube wanted me to log in for it. I'd say definitely not a t bite and probably not a spider bite at all.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree, it looks more like a cyst than a bite to me.

chilean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
did anyone ever get bit by their T? what did the bite do to the area of skin?

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the only T ive been taged by is a rose hair so that dosent realy count. as far as the video i cant watch it right now because of the computer im on but im prity sure ive seen it before. something like that happened to my X GF and she originaly blamed it on a spider. it looked identical to what is on the video (asuming it is the video that i alwready saw). i went to the doctor with her to get it checked out and he said it was most likely a sort of bacteria infection that almost alwayse gets blamed for a spider bite.

ive been bitten by a few true spiders and they have one thing in common.. IT HURTS. definalty hurts enough to wake you out of your sleep. so for any sort of growth/ thing that apears on someone unless theyre was a immideate pain that was at least enough to get you out of bed it should be a safe bet to rule out a spider bite.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If thats a result of a spider bite, then what you are seeing is most likely a secondary infection due to the bite, not a result of any toxins. It appears to be a full blown abscess and hopefully that guy decided to go to the hospital before he wound up septic or worse.

chilean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I did some research on you tube (don't know how ligit it is), it could be a black widow?

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
try a brown recluse... go look up some videos of those bites...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont know for sure what that was, but it was really gross. I would have gone to see a doctor by now if I was him.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just google image brown recluse bite....that's a nasty one to get tagged by, I'm super paranoid, everytime I see a housespider I treat it as it was an escaped OBT rearing up lol.

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
black widows and brown recluses don't do that... I know a brown recluse has a pretty nasty result, but it isn't that.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
to me it looked nothing like spider bite.
not only that but a very unlikely place to get bit by one.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am willing to bet that most 'spider bites' are just misdiagnosed MRSA infections.

No proof to back this up, but when I get the chance to test this I'll post the article on the boards.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:eek: that is so sick i couldn't watch most of it. Gross. i feel sick to my stomach now for sure. i know, i know, i was most definitely warned. That was just way nastier than i ever imagined. That guy is insane for not going to a hospital or doctor LONG before that abscess got so big. He's lucky that staph infection didn't go to his brain. Spider bite - right!!

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I dont know for sure what that was, but it was really gross. I would have gone to see a doctor by now if I was him.
yeah i think i would have gone to the doctor a little earlier, did you see the size of the welp on his face:eek:

looks like it could be staph infection also, gross:( :(

Last edited:

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am willing to bet that most 'spider bites' are just misdiagnosed MRSA infections.

No proof to back this up, but when I get the chance to test this I'll post the article on the boards.
agreed.
:clap: