Tarantula Behavior Survey, A Call to Tarantula Owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoTheSecond

Arachnopeon
*** Given permission to post survey link by Scott and Debby ***
*** This is research for a class project ***

Hey there!

For introductions, I am a student doing research on tarantula behavior and have come to the point where I need to collect data.
I would appreciate it if you would fill out my google forms survey, it's anonymous (I do not collect emails or names) and shouldn't take too long to fill out.

Here is the link:
<removed>

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me.

Thank you, and I hope you have a lovely day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Going to have to lessen the amount of questions and make inputting multiple specimens possible if you want people with more than one spider to provide accurate data.

User experience triumphs all else.

Also maybe try reddit, those people seem like the majority of them only have one spider.

:troll:
Edit: you could also try analyzing YouTube feeding videos to try to fill out some data for your survey

Last edited:

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
You might want to clarify your question about size (DLS or BL?) as a 2" BL tarantula is usually about a 4.5"+ DLS tarantula and it could skew your data if you're potentially trying to tie a certain behaviour to a certain stage in life cycle.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
@TwoTheSecond one thing is Your Age question will probably be your least accurate data set, age is something that unless you’ve had it from 2-3i or bred it, there’s hardly anyway to understand the exact age of a tarantula. I think your better question is How long have you had it, and maybe at “what size have you had it since” other than that no seller is measuring age of any individual, other than extrapolated age from slings. Size and Age are not causal, and not linear between all genera, even ages on 1in slings can vary greatly between genera. For instance if you buy a adult female, the age could really be anything many factors go into growth rate.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
^^This.

I have no idea the age other than I write the year I acquired them and can remember their general size. I don’t even track the months I bought them; I had to burn the receipts so I wouldn’t get divorced.

jc55

Arachnoknight
I only have one at the present time so i will help and do the survey.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have 5 and will do the survey for all of them, but its hard to know the approximate age for your spider unless you got it as a sling, and also for WC specimens theres no way to know if it was bred until you know... surprise babies. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
*** Given permission to post survey link by Scott and Debby ***
*** This is research for a class project ***

Hey there!

For introductions, I am a student doing research on tarantula behavior and have come to the point where I need to collect data.
I would appreciate it if you would fill out my google forms survey, it's anonymous (I do not collect emails or names) and shouldn't take too long to fill out.

Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...14B6_712Tr6_iyLiif4cY-eA/viewform?usp=sf_link

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me.

Thank you, and I hope you have a lovely day!
I don’t keep track of their circling sorry

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I only got 4, so I don't mind killing a bit of time for a good cause. Consider it done.

Edit : Done ! That was kind of fun, although a bit redundant in some parts. I gave crude estimates on how long they circle during feeding. I can easily spend an hour or two just watching my Ts eat, but I don't have a stopwatch to track time though ;)

Last edited:

TwoTheSecond

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm an amateur researcher so I know this is not the best put together survey and I realize for a lot of your answers you have to approximate, but either way thanks for checking it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.