Tarantula Attitude.

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a small problem with the rose hair. She is an adult female who moulted 4 mounths ago and for no reason whatsoever, she has become extreamly agressive and keeps climing up the side of her cage. She is refusing food and I am concerned. As I said she is a fully mature female MOULTED 4 months ago and is about 5" or 6".

Any advice would be apriciated......

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ive read many similar reports. one day a sweet calm rosie, the next day giving threat postures at every slight provocation. seems like it usually occurs after a maturing molt too. oddly enough, my rosie molted about the same time yours did. i normally handle her a few times a week, but lately shes been giving me the threat posture too. probably one of those enigmas we'll never figure out. did you handle yours alot? maybe thats what it is, they get sick of being played with.:?

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Rose

The spider can be as moody as it wants to, such as about a month ago, she decided to leave. As if this wasn't bad enough, my dog found her :( . Luckily, she was ok along with the dog. An example of the odd behavior i see. But I'm still upset with her not eating. I feed her on 4 large crickets a week and I'm finding them dead in the cage.

- Whats wrong!!?!

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As long as her abdomen isn't looking "shrunken", I wouldn't worry...My rosie was never nice....I can't even touch her hideout without her going nuts.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I haven't seen my rose hair in oh... a month? Crickets dissapear, and a molt occured, because she finally blocked my view window with the molted skin. Her burrow is webbed up almost all the time too. When I used to see her, she was quitr like many others here describe theirs.

Bill