Tarantula Art Thread!

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've got some to add:

C. cyaneopubescens

C. fasciatum (this one looks better in person :8o )

C. schioedtei

M. balfouri

P. murinus

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
T. blondi - I'd say I'm getting better.

If you don't mind me asking, was that a picture originally done on white paper with black charcoal/or another implement and then photographed using negative effect? As the background blackness looks extremely black compared to your other backgrounds? A very nice pic btw

nicholo85

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you don't mind me asking, was that a picture originally done on white paper with black charcoal/or another implement and then photographed using negative effect? As the background blackness looks extremely black compared to your other backgrounds? A very nice pic btw

If I remember correctly, you can easily reverse the colours using phot editing software.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, the colors are reversed. My reasoning is that the original, a pencil drawing, is going to be published and I wanted to change it a little to post on AB so that the published image can maintain a certain freshness.

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
great pics everybody, love the scratchboard thing looks awsome, I've been working on a tat design for a freind for awhile, i'll have to post it when I finish.

asher8282

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mines

heres a generic one i did at work one day with blue and black ink pen..
there is a crease in the paper and i had to take a photo and edit the size so it changed the quality...

Attachments

Serasha

Arachnopeon
H. lividum tattoo

Here is my tattoo artists rendition of a H. lividum. That was less than five minutes after it was finished. I'll post another pic when it heals. :)

Attachments

Megan

Arachnopeon
Wow, that tattoo is absolutely beautiful. VERY well done! The shadows make it look 3-D. :clap:

I made a quick forum icon awhile back before I realized that you couldn't use them on this board.. hehe.

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am really impressed with everyone's artistic efforts...from amateur to pro, its nice to see people putting effort into expressing their admiration for our eight legged friends.
keep 'em coming!

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm less of an artist and more of a crafter.
Here's a little something I came up with one day when I was bored. And for once, I wrote down the pattern as I made it so I could re-create it!

I had her in the back window of my car for awhile, along with a plastic B. smithi, and a beanie baby tarantula. No place to put them in my new car, which is ironically, a Spyder.

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, that tattoo is absolutely beautiful. VERY well done! The shadows make it look 3-D. :clap:

I made a quick forum icon awhile back before I realized that you couldn't use them on this board.. hehe.

oh that's cute! how do you make (and post) icons like that? i see a lot of them here and have always wondered...

nakazanie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
@Serasha - wOW! Awesome tat. That is just the kind of thing that I am looking for, but I can't bring myself to trust a tat artist to do a good tarantula.

@Halfwaynowhere - I love that. Is that knit? I would love to crochet one.

Nak