Tarantula Anatomy - Poster

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'm having one of these printed today :D Thank you for sharing!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I hope it's fine when I share this here and not in my normal picture thread, so that it can be found via the search function. :)

High- Res: flickr.com/photos/mygale/albums

Tarantula Anatomy Poster (v1.0) by mygale, auf Flickr

Tarantula Anatomy - small by mygale, auf Flickr

Vogelspinnen Anatomie - klein by mygale, auf Flickr

De anatomie van een vogelspin - small by mygale, auf Flickr

Thank you for sharing. I think this is near perfect. The only thing I would change is the use of yellow w/in the body of the poster. Some bright/light colors don't offer a very good contrast from a presentation standpoint when presented against a white background.

Otherwise this is excellent!

By the way, excellent rearrangement of your Flickr site.

truecreature

Arachnoknight
This would make an awesome addition to a T room. I'll have to think about picking one up :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I tried a lot but only yellow works. Thanks for the feedback!
What do you mean by only yellow "works"? Perhaps you mean finding a color that stands out against both white and black ( T's body)?

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What do you mean by only yellow "works"? Perhaps you mean finding a color that stands out against both white and black ( T's body)?
I wonder if adding a "shadow" to the yellow lines would help. It wouldn't have to be much to be effective.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wonder if adding a "shadow" to the yellow lines would help. It wouldn't have to be much to be effective.
Good point, I don't know. Though the red would "have" to be the same as well then to match up. It's a great series of posters.

mygale

Arachnoknight
Hi
Do you know what type of paper it'd be?
We don't know that yet.

a color that stands out against both white and black ( T's body)?
That's what I meant, yes.

I tried a black 1-2px outline and a drop shadow, none of this looks really deserving.
Depending on your screen settings the yellow looks maybe to light?
It's close to the National Geographic yellow, which is really good visible on prints.

Attachments

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It's close to the National Geographic yellow, which is really good visible on prints.
I will say, it looks fine on my monitor and is perfectly legible when printed out. I had it printed on a 32"x19" indoor polypropylene banner, and it looks great. The yellow is dark enough to follow, but light enough to not intrude on the spider. I think that @viper69 needs to calibrate his monitor ;) Although I will admit that it's nearly impossible to read from afar, even with my young eyes. After standing back just about 8 feet or so, it looks like I simply have a poster of a spider. Which isn't entirely bad, I suppose.

mygale

Arachnoknight
I had it printed on a 32"x19" will admit that it's nearly impossible to read from afar, even with my young eyes.
Maybe because you printed a very low-res file which is for the Internet only and not for printing at all? You printed 3 Megapixel, the original has 250 Megapixel for tack sharp 2m prints.

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Maybe because you printed a very low-res file which is for the Internet only and not for printing at all? You printed 3 Megapixel, the original has 250 Megapixel for tack sharp 2m prints.
Oh no, you misunderstood me. It's not that it's blurry at all - is that the yellow kind of disappears when you step back. I didn't blow this thing up huge - some sharpening in Photoshop and retyping the words made it look perfectly fine.

mygale

Arachnoknight
Maybe you can show it in the next video? I subscribed.
I hope that the prints are available soon that you can get an original copy, which supports us :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi

We don't know that yet.

That's what I meant, yes.

I tried a black 1-2px outline and a drop shadow, none of this looks really deserving.
I thought that was the case. I don't disagree that it works fine on print, having owned National Geographic for many years ;)

Yeah I agree, outlines rarely look good to me. I never used them. I find a solid line to be better, the outline often detracts IMO. It's an excellent poster, so is the poster website that I visited, nice logo too!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I will say, it looks fine on my monitor and is perfectly legible when printed out. I had it printed on a 32"x19" indoor polypropylene banner, and it looks great. The yellow is dark enough to follow, but light enough to not intrude on the spider. I think that @viper69 needs to calibrate his monitor ;) Although I will admit that it's nearly impossible to read from afar, even with my young eyes. After standing back just about 8 feet or so, it looks like I simply have a poster of a spider. Which isn't entirely bad, I suppose.
There you go again, thinking ;).... It's calibrated hah.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Only mygale.de/en is my page, arachnogear not, somehow everyone thinks that lol

I'm already working on the next 5 projects unless someone finds a typo is this project finished.
I believe I found the gear site via your flickr, and it sells your posters. So though its a USA outfit so it seems, I thought you partnered up with someone.

NW6MT

Arachnopeon
Only mygale.de/en is my page, arachnogear not, somehow everyone thinks that lol

I'm already working on the next 5 projects unless someone finds a typo is this project finished.
Hello,
Is this poster available somewhere currently? I only see the T's of the world on arachnogear. I found another link via your Facebook that indicated 'available soon' (I don't have FB, so couldn't look too deep though).
Thanks for putting it together. Looks great.
Eric