Tarantula Addiction spreading

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
Hey guys :), fellow Tarantula keeper here talking about the addiction. So I currently have 2 T's G. Rosea, and B. Smithi, as you can tell still quite a beginner keeper. (But quite an intense researcher). Anyways, I was going on vacation for a month, so I decided to give the T's to my Dad to care for my absence. I just told him some basic instructions for the month and everything was A-okay.(Aka: just keeping the water bowl filled and misting, and feeding if he was up for it.) My juvie Smithi actually molted during his care, which is awesome, and saddening because I didn't get to see it, haha. Afterwords, I got home and got my T's back quick and safe :). During his care of my T's though, he actually also started getting into T's and currently we're going to local pet stores to get some new additions for me, and him! This hobby is very addicting and well worth it. The feeling you get raising a little sling, to a big fine tarantula, no words can describe the chills. I recommend you guys to get your family, and friends, and eveyone you know into this hobby! They'll thank you. Speaking of thanking, Thanks for reading my story and the best of luck on the hobby! :)

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Hey guys :), fellow Tarantula keeper here talking about the addiction. So I currently have 2 T's G. Rosea, and B. Smithi, as you can tell still quite a beginner keeper. (But quite an intense researcher). Anyways, I was going on vacation for a month, so I decided to give the T's to my Dad to care for my absence. I just told him some basic instructions for the month and everything was A-okay.(Aka: just keeping the water bowl filled and misting, and feeding if he was up for it.) My juvie Smithi actually molted during his care, which is awesome, and saddening because I didn't get to see it, haha. Afterwords, I got home and got my T's back quick and safe :). During his care of my T's though, he actually also started getting into T's and currently we're going to local pet stores to get some new additions for me, and him! This hobby is very addicting and well worth it. The feeling you get raising a little sling, to a big fine tarantula, no words can describe the chills. I recommend you guys to get your family, and friends, and eveyone you know into this hobby! They'll thank you. Speaking of thanking, Thanks for reading my story and the best of luck on the hobby! :)
Very nice! Point him this way so he can hang out and learn here :)

I will also say you should check out the classified forum here, some great deals on tarantula here. @cold blood has some GREAT deals on some g. Pulchripes slings, which are great beginner species.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
@Nephrite thats awesome! Don't be too sad about missing the smithi molt you probably wouldn't have seen her if you were home anyway lol.

louise f

Arachnoangel

Hey what a great story. Thanks for sharing.:) It is pretty cool you got your dad into this hobby to. That is nice you got something to share. :)
And dont worry you didn`t get to see your smithi molt there will be plenty of times it will do that again:)

And @magicmed is right about cold blood, he is also a very thrust worthy and a super great guy. :)
So dont hesitate if you consider buying spiders from him. ;)

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Thanks for sharing. I've infected my sister, who has a L. Parahybana sling, and my brother, who's getting a B. Smithi in September. Indeed, our work isn't done yet friend ;)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Get to a meeting right away before your addiction ruins your life!!!

And repeat after me:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the different.

It works if you work it, so work it cuz you're worth it!!

Last edited:

Estein

Arachnoknight
That's awesome! I just purchased my second T/first sling in March after a year and a half of owning an adult. You're so right about the addiction--I'm trying to make myself wait a few more months before getting another, otherwise I'll be up to my eyeballs in Ts before I know it! While I've only gotten one other person into the hobby so far, I've had several tell me that seeing and hearing me talk about my Ts has made them more comfortable with spiders, so there's a start!

Keep up the good work, everybody! :D

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Man! That is awesome! I wish my dad would get into them! He hates spiders and is very disturbed by my new hobby!

I'm going out of town for a week and my spouse agreed to check on my sling's water. He isn't thrilled but I'm hoping he'll get curious about the T! *cross fingers*

Estein

Arachnoknight
I'm going out of town for a week and my spouse agreed to check on my sling's water. He isn't thrilled but I'm hoping he'll get curious about the T! *cross fingers*
My SO is also not terribly thrilled about Ts...we're currently in negotiations for how many is an acceptable amount. ;)