Tarantobelus jeffdanielsi

Stemmy101

Arachnosquire
Thank you for sharing, very interesting. I'd like to do more research on this (eg how is it contracted, ways to prevent, what to watch out for etc). Reminds me of a few posts I saw on the boards, where a T had a white substance around the mouthparts

Here's one of few research articles I could find on it:

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Thank you for sharing, very interesting. I'd like to do more research on this (eg how is it contracted, ways to prevent, what to watch out for etc). Reminds me of a few posts I saw on the boards, where a T had a white substance around the mouthparts

That article is linked in the one I linked btw, I did read a couple others before posting, but they both had discrepancies and typos. I think there is still a lot to learn about nematodes but it's not something we should worry constantly about in our own collections unless all you buy is wc. Curious who the breeder was and how many were afflicted though.

Jess S

Arachnobaron

Thanks for the link , as I’m in the UK unfortunately I couldn’t access the OP’s link.

It goes to show that anyone who discovers nematodes should send them off for study as chances are they may have found an unknown species.