Tapping from immature specimens

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
For a couple of months now I've been hearing some tapping coming from the corner that I keep the T's in, it was unmistakable, the tapping from a mature specimen as if in courtship.

Only one problem, I don't currently have any mature males, not big deal I just assumed it was my females tapping at an immature male. Maybe pheromones or something and just disregarded it. Up until now.

For the last hour ive been going through feeding watering ect and I found the culprit. An immature female p fasciata. And actually watched her tap on an interval for a few minutes, exactly like courtship. The only thing is this girl is only about 3" so what's up with the tapping?

Anyone else seen tapping from immature specimens

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Juveniles will do it. Male or female. You hear some crazy grooming now and then too.

Had female juvenile Brachys do it a fair bit.

Last edited:

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
ugh teens and their hormones right... lol anyways I think its interesting because Ive never herd of immatures tapping and I hear that females will do it too but for me personally I can only get the the MMs to tap. (turn off my lights and theres a halftime snare section solo but I cannot get a female to take the spotlight!)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
My immature male A. avicularia has done some drumming since I got him! I thought he was practicing for the real deal!
I had no idea others did that. :astonished:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I guess I could have looked it up! Duh!
But he looks so cute with his little pink toes drumming so happily.