tapping avic. avic.

mikebannon

Arachnopeon
I have an avicularia avicularia that is about 4 inches long and it was tapping. does that mean it has matured? I can sex T's by molts but i learned how after her last molt. it does not have hooks and thats what has lead me to belivie it is female.. should i put a MM in with her ( if it is a girl) or wait till next molt and be sure of the sex?
-thanks!

Last edited:

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have an avicularia avicularia that is about 4 inches long and it was tapping. does that mean it has matured? I can sex T's by molts but i learned how after her last molt. it does not have hooks and thats what has lead me to belivie it is female.. should i put a MM in with her ( if it is a girl) or wait till next molt and be sure of the sex?
-thanks!
First question and probably the most important... Are you ready to breed?

If yes, you may proceed. If you balked at it at all, I suggest you read up a bit more and make sure you are ready. Although it is not hard to do, you should be aware of what you are getting yourself into.

next question: Is it a male or female? If it is a male, you need to identify if it is mature or not. If it has hooked out on the front legs and has it emboli on the pedipalps, then yes, it is a mature avic. If it is a female, generally, any spider that is close to 75% of it's adult size or larger can be bred. I have had very little success in pairing smaller than adult species where others have had MUCH success.

Start there and i'll keep my eye on this thread.

Joe

mikebannon

Arachnopeon
thanks! it does not have any hooks. How hard is it to sell all the slings? i dont wont all those avic avic's mabye a few but how hard is it to sell all the slings?

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
when you think about it it might be hard i can see you giving away alot of freebies but it really depends on how many people in your city want a tarantula

good luck!:D

mikebannon

Arachnopeon
what about trades? i could trade the slings but how many people actually trade?

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont think it would be hard to sell baby Avics. Just give a good price or a cheaper in bulk type deal. If you're willing to ship you will sell them much easier on here.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont think it would be hard to sell baby Avics. Just give a good price or a cheaper in bulk type deal. If you're willing to ship you will sell them much easier on here.
I never have any issue selling them here,or to local shops here in town. Avicularia are still VERY sought after,and many people will buy them in bulk.