Tapinauchenius sp Union Island

StampFan

Arachnodemon
My little sling had its molt this week. Shocked at how quickly it decimated the old molt (saw it attack it once) and shocked at how much it grew after this molt. I'm sure its leg span doubled in size.

Gossamer

Arachnopeon
My little sling had its molt this week. Shocked at how quickly it decimated the old molt (saw it attack it once) and shocked at how much it grew after this molt. I'm sure its leg span doubled in size.
After reading this, I'm really looking forward to my sling molting!! I've got a lot of slow growers in my collection so it's good to hear this one has a faster growth rate.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I'm hoping mine moults again soon. It's been on a bit of a fast lately, so I'm hopeful.

MotherofSpiders

Arachnopeon
My MM TUI went to Tar Can January 2017, where he was paired with 5 or so of their females and even though I sold him to them they still gave me some freebies of his offspring, as a Thank you in return. I am really enjoying the slings they gave me, growing very well and super hardy! Here he is, just after hooking out!

TUImature1.jpg

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My MM TUI went to Tar Can January 2017, where he was paired with 5 or so of their females and even though I sold him to them they still gave me some freebies of his offspring, as a Thank you in return. I am really enjoying the slings they gave me, growing very well and super hardy! Here he is, just after hooking out!

View attachment 264239
Wow, that is one stunning mature male! I had no idea MM of this species look so good, thanks for sharing!

Deeser

Arachnosquire

View attachment 264239
Wow nice pic! What size was he when he matured, approx.? I still don't really know what to expect from mine size-wise. Its around 2" now but already looking super fuzzy like yours :)

MotherofSpiders

Arachnopeon
Thanks all!!! :happy: Deeser, I am thinking around 4". He was my one and only of his kind at the time, so don't have any adult females around to give input on their full grown size. He was an impulse, last minute expo purchase, and of course I wish I had grabbed up more at the time. :rolleyes:

StampFan

Arachnodemon
My sling has become my fastest grower. Faster than my parahybana and contending with my Pamphos

Deeser

Arachnosquire
My sling has become my fastest grower. Faster than my parahybana and contending with my Pamphos
Same here considering I got it as a 1/4" freebie this past summer and its already about 2"! Craziness. I also dig how fuzzy they get and the fairly intricate web tubes. Very interesting little t.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Same here considering I got it as a 1/4" freebie this past summer and its already about 2"! Craziness. I also dig how fuzzy they get and the fairly intricate web tubes. Very interesting little t.
Its funny, mine currently has a nice 2/3 hole web tube, but regularly basks in the hammock at the top between the holes. It is a shame I'm going to have to disrupt that with a rehouse upgrade.

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
T. sp. Union Island is definitely on my list of must-have spiders. I'm a huge fan of the tappies, so I will one day obtain one of these beauties. Currently l have a T. gigas sling (almost a juvenile) and a speck of a T. violaceous.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
The entire genus is awesome. Both the gigas and plumipes groups. However, I hear that there is a revision coming up that may split those groups in to different genera. Not really a surprise but I'm looking forward to reading what it has to say.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
T. sp. Union Island is definitely on my list of must-have spiders. I'm a huge fan of the tappies, so I will one day obtain one of these beauties. Currently l have a T. gigas sling (almost a juvenile) and a speck of a T. violaceous.
Move to Canada. They're freebies here. :)
One of my favorite freebies in fact..

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Here’s mine! Been really fun keeping this species so far, very enthusiastic eater and beautiful, understated colors.

05BA4591-79FE-4028-9CB1-091657832AF4.jpeg

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The entire genus is awesome. Both the gigas and plumipes groups. However, I hear that there is a revision coming up that may split those groups in to different genera. Not really a surprise but I'm looking forward to reading what it has to say.
That's interesting, got any links or more info?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Unfortunately, no. Someone mentioned it in the FB group a week or three ago. I think that's where I read it. Source was someone reliable. They strongly hinted that something significant regarding classification within the genus was going to change.