Tapinauchenius gigas care

bignasty

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm thinking of buying a Tapinauchenius gigas sling (about 1cm legspan), but I'm not familiar with its care. Should I keep it the same way as Avicularia species? Or do they require more humidity or kept dry? I'm assuming their environment should be kept humid, since they're arboreal. Also, are they docile/semi-aggressive/aggressive species? I've tried searching for similar threads but couldn't find any. Any advice? :)

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ahh another awesome spider:clap: i have 1 in my huge tarantula collection,she's an adult,aggressive too! i keep her just like i keep my avics and my other tree spiders semi moist,waterdish,light spray weekly,corkhide,excellent ventilation, if your getting a sling you will want to keep it a tad more moisture being a sling and all(molting, etc) hope this helps ya:)

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey, Pierre.

Great minds think alike :)

Was thinking of getting this species ever since I got Marshall's book a few years ago and Ive been wondering why only one person (AB forumer T2) has purchased a T.gigas since they became available in the Philippines.

Anyway, it appears that you can care for it like an Avic except that Taps are quick and not as docile as the former.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=58127&highlight=tapinauchenius+gigas

Hope this helps. ;)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Should I keep it the same way as Avicularia species? Or do they require more humidity or kept dry? I'm assuming their environment should be kept humid, since they're arboreal. Also, are they docile/semi-aggressive/aggressive species? I've tried searching for similar threads but couldn't find any. Any advice? :)
Same as Avics. Provide lightly moist substrate but be sure the ventilation is good

bignasty

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies guys!!!! :) I'm going to place an order first thing tomorrow! hehe!

@ Tarsier
This species would be a great alternative to keeping avicularia species! :D