Tapenauchenius gigas Qs

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm a scorp keeper who has some Ts. So far I have two arboreals, an A. purpurea and P. regalis. They are doing well.

Now, I got an opportunity to buy a Tapenauchenius gigas at a reasonable price. I will be getting it soon but the problem is I couldn't find a caresheet. I found one for Tapenauchenius plumipes. Should I keep it the same way?:?
I tried searching for a caresheet here with no luck. Please direct me to a post / thread or share your tips if you have one. Thanks!

Cringles

Arachnopeon
I searched myself, and maybe you spelled it wrong, google this!

Tapinauchenius gigas

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lol. I really need to learn more about Ts. I got the spelling wrong. Found it!

Thanks!!

BTW, is this a good display T? Any special or weird behaviors I should watch out for?
I read that they are sprinters and are paster than pokies. Are they the type who would choose flight than fight?

Last edited:

Cringles

Arachnopeon
I know nothing about this spider haha, i only googled the name to see if i could help you out. On some of the links it does it its faster than a pokie, also read that, the web alot so may be rarely seen!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive got a female, and she's pretty fast,but she's also aggressive,at night she's most active by day she hides in her corkbark tube but when the crickets come in.....BAM! she flies out to grab em.definitly not a spider to handle,i keep her just lie my pokies/avics, i keep her dry/waterdish,great ventilation,misting once a week,and she does great/molting etc. when i open her enclosure she'll pop out run to the back,start to run to the top,and then she rears up,saying"ya botherd me......you want some?" otherwise a very cool spider:clap: well worth getting.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I am curious if these spiders do a tremendous amount of web spinning
like P. Pulcher and P. Irminia?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
not mine,she has her cork tube lined with silk,but no extentsive webbing at all.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks beetleman!

At least now I get to set-up a proper enclosure before it arrives.