Tanzanian Giant Tailless Whipscorpion

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
hey guys im looking into these whips

got any tips on them? im doing my research but theres not much good info or tips from real 'good' keepers out there and I find that arachnobored users know alot

again im just looking for tips like anything I should NOT DO and things I SHOULD DO

robinhood

Arachnopeon
Hi,

If at all possible, buy Captive born, I 've had bad luck with Wild caught.
Other than that, use peat moss for substrate, flat pieces of cork, keep it humid and they like it dark for about 10-12 hours a day.

Good luck, they are pretty cool.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
Hi,

If at all possible, buy Captive born, I 've had bad luck with Wild caught.
Other than that, use peat moss for substrate, flat pieces of cork, keep it humid and they like it dark for about 10-12 hours a day.

Good luck, they are pretty cool.
yes he is captive born and do you know there life spans ?

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
General consensus seems to be that these guys can live 8+ years.

As far as care, get a cage that's about 2x as tall as the legspan so the animal can molt, lean a large (tall) piece of cork bark against the back of it, and use some sort of substrate that will hold in moisture (coco fiber or peat moss being the top choices). Keep the sub moist but not wet to provide humidity, or with larger ones you can provide a water dish to help keep it up. Humidity is more of an issue with the smaller ones since they molt more often.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
General consensus seems to be that these guys can live 8+ years.

As far as care, get a cage that's about 2x as tall as the legspan so the animal can molt, lean a large (tall) piece of cork bark against the back of it, and use some sort of substrate that will hold in moisture (coco fiber or peat moss being the top choices). Keep the sub moist but not wet to provide humidity, or with larger ones you can provide a water dish to help keep it up. Humidity is more of an issue with the smaller ones since they molt more often.
this one is a big fella, so i got it a really nice tank it has a big piece of bark on the side and a piece sticking out from the middle the substrate is cocofiber with some moss on top

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sounds like a nice setup. You might consider leaning the piece of cork that's in the middle against the other piece, they like to hide in crevices.