Tanzanian Giant Tailless Whipscorpion

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
hey guys im looking into these scorpions

got any tips on them?

im doing my research but theres not much good info or tips from real 'good' keepers out there and I find that arachnobored users know alot :D

again im just looking for tips like anything I should NOT DO
and things I SHOULD DO

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Whips aren't scorpions. No big deal, but you will have better luck getting info in true spiders and other arachnids. ;)

I'm going to flag your post so that it can either be deleted or moved to the correct forum. You won't get in trouble. If it's deleted, just repost in the correct location.

Good luck!

*Edit* Well, There is a new note for flagging posts, so I will not flag it. I would recommend just reposting in the Other Arachnids. I'm sure it will get sorted out here.

Last edited:

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
Whips aren't scorpions. No big deal, but you will have better luck getting info in true spiders and other arachnids. ;)

I'm going to flag your post so that it can either be deleted or moved to the correct forum. You won't get in trouble. If it's deleted, just repost in the correct location.

Good luck!
ok? where should i post it?

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Good luck!

*Edit* Well, There is a new note for flagging posts, so I will not flag it. I would recommend just reposting in the Other Arachnids. I'm sure it will get sorted out here.
True Spiders and other Arachnids. :)

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi, like Nomad said: you are looking in the wrong place. Check out True spiders and other arachnids.
The name tailless whipscorpion is very confusing as whip spiders (amblypygi) are not even closely related to scorpions (but to true spiders and whip scorpions (Uropygi)). In the "other arachnids" section are a couple of thread on the "Tanzanian Giant Tailless Whipscorpion" or the scientific name: Damon diadema. These are often sold as Damon variegatus (misidentifcation), but are D.diadema in almost all cases.

These are easy to keep, hardy animals. check out www.climatetemp.org for info about the climate of their natural habitat. Basically, keep them between 25-30 Celsius, at around 75 % relative humidity and provide them drinking water in a bottle cap or something. A lot of vertical hides, cork bark etc.

Cheers, Michiel

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't let their apparent sluggishness fool you. They can move very quickly if they want to. They're pretty handleable in that they can't hurt you but they're also quite delicate and easily spooked so use extra caution when manipulating them in any way. Make sure not to shut their whiskers in the lid.