Tanzanian Giant Tailess Whip scorpion

Justin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is the next thing i want. Can any one tell me how to keep them.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Damon diadema (Amblypygi)

Amblypygi are easy arachnids to keep in captivity. They are arboreal so the enclosure will need to be more of a vertical housing device, such as a tupperware container or a terrarium that is higher with less floor space. Peat or potting soil or a mixture of the two works good for substrate. Amblypygids need many vetical retriets such as sideways cork-bark or fake plants. These arachnids are very moisture and humidity dependant so make sure misting is done often and the humidity is kept very high, but make sure not to overheat the enclosure as amblypygids like it somewhat cool. They can drink the drops from misting or a very shallow water dish can be supplied for drinking. Large crickets work well for food and each specimen should be fed around 3 to 4 crickets every week. An occasional very small gecko (or other small arboreal lizard) can be fed to very large amblypygid (1.5"+ body length) specimens for extra protien.

Alex S.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just wanted to say that I agree with Alex, the ambypigids are very sensitive to too much humidity as well as not enough humidity. I had 11 of them, sold off a few and kept a few and I am down to 2 left. very interesting predators though!
Ed

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Amblypygi

Also if you keep a good size healthy colony they are extremely easy to breed. Probably around a 99% chance you will end up with babies is you have several communal adult specimens... awesome arachnids.

Alex S.