Tank setup advice

CrocodileRunge

Arachnopeon
Hey y'all, I'm just getting into scorpions with a Vaejovis carolinianus. A friend of mine gave me a 2 gallon long glass betta tank that has a pair of removable dividers. My current plan is to put my scorp in one side and my widow (mactans) in the other, leaving a gap between them. My only concern is the lid with the tank is a single piece of glass, with no ventilation. I assume that the metabolic workload of a small scorpion and small spider is, well, small, but should the lack of ventilation still bother me?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
My advice would be to make a 2 piece ventilated plexiglass lid to fit your tank. That way you can work with one side and not worry about an escapee on the other. Btw V carolinianus is small and communal and I recommend keeping a group together.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Agreed with a two piece ventilated lid. If that's not an option though, just remove the lid for a couple minutes every day and they'll be fine.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I would advocate against a split enclosure of any kind. There are a lot of stories floating around about how it goes when the set up fails.