tank question??????

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
today i went out and bought this 2.5 gallon tank for my mature male rosey it looks alot smaller then the one he is used to which was a 20 gallon tank the reason i got him a smaller enclosure is becouse he trys to climb and gets stuck in the scrrening and also i heard they get nervous if in a big enclosure it looks really small not alot of roaming space do you think my t will be happy or not i also got him a heating pad cause im gonna still have to raise the substrate so he will be in body length to the top,thanks-jason

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by bodc21
today i went out and bought this 2.5 gallon tank for my mature male rosey it looks alot smaller then the one he is used to which was a 20 gallon tank the reason i got him a smaller enclosure is becouse he trys to climb and gets stuck in the scrrening and also i heard they get nervous if in a big enclosure it looks really small not alot of roaming space do you think my t will be happy or not i also got him a heating pad cause im gonna still have to raise the substrate so he will be in body length to the top,thanks-jason
I have a small adult female "red" phase g. rosea in a 20 long, it has two foamariums in it with a cave in each end of the reptile style screened enclosure, she seems to do ok in this setup. I have three ten gallon screened top reptile style enclosures with a b. boehmei, normal phase g. rosea, and a. chalcodes in each. they all seem to do well in them, the three ten gallons also have foamariums in them as well. the rest of my t's and inverts are mostly in kritter keepers of various sizes. I like the kritter keepers because they can be stacked, I have multiples of three stacked on several shelves.
is your rosea male mature? if he is mature he will roam no matter what you put him in, IME most mature male t's are very restless and always looking for a way to escape.
Ed

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
yes he is a mature male i jus switched him from his used to be home the 20 gal tank and now he is in a kritter keeper i was using as a cricket holder i jus cleaned it out added about 5 inchs of substrate so he is about 4 inchs from the top and when he is on his hideout he is a good 1 to 2 inchs at least now i dont have to worry about him getting stuck or falling