Tank heater for millipedes in winter?

Arachnomum

Arachnopeon
My house gets cold in the winter, especially in the room where I keep my chicobolus spinigerus. Sometimes it can be as cold as the high 50s overnight. I read that Ivory millipedes can survive down to 50 degrees, but I want mind to be happy and active and not stressed.

I was thinking of buying a very small 4-watt tank heater and putting it on the side of the tank for the winter. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

I was thinking of getting the smallest and weakest heater I could find, like maybe this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Terrarium-Substrate-X-Small/dp/B06XCZPXP3

mickiem

Arachnoprince
If the room is that cold I'm not sure 4W would make a difference. I wonder if you put it inside the lid and taped it very secure to the underside of the lid if it would work? If you did that you would need to check the temp pretty regularly. Just something to think about. Whatever you do, keep an eye on it. But really 4W isn't much if you face it out to the room. I think you would lose your heat. FWIW, I use the UTH on plastic and have never had a problem. I do use a thermostat.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I use Ultratherm brand UTH. You’ll need aluminum tape to adhere them down. Never had one die in decades of constant use!

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
Maybe this could be useful: