tank bugs

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
sorry i don't have any pics available, but maybe someone can help. i have my rosea in a 10-gal tank with potting soil, a hide, and a water dish. i keep her bone-dry but always have a dish with water available. but lately, i see these little tiny bugs swarming on the water dish when i add more. they are about 2 mm long, less than a mm wide, an almost white-ish color, and they seem to jump around. anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them? also, my rosea's about to molt, so i don't want to stress her out by cleaning the whole thing out. many questions...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
springtails. They are not harmful at all and actually help more then anything. I'll see if I can find the thread for you.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
haha me too, just keep emptying out the dish when you see them in there. They'll eventually disappear.
really? cool, i'll have to try that. thanks a lot man, i've never had them in any of my other 17 container/tanks!! now i know what they are!

oh- and one (maybe) last question: HOW are they helpful:confused:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
really? cool, i'll have to try that. thanks a lot man, i've never had them in any of my other 17 container/tanks!! now i know what they are!

oh- and one (maybe) last question: HOW are they helpful:confused:
No problem, and I forgot exactly, but that is why I am trying to look up the thread I was told that.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i have them also in some of the enclosures,i'm so used to them now{D

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that they are baby crickets hatched from eggs laid under/around the water bowl. Springtails need a fair amount of moisture but his tank is kept dry.

I’m going with baby crickets. They should drown or dye off soon. No cause for concern.

Steph

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I keep getting these in and under the water dish in my otherwise bone dry rosea tank.
I considered them a nuisance until i found myself setting up a tank for a H lividum that fell in my path. Knowing they can be helpful with eating poo, mold etc i just poured the water dish into the soil under the lividums water dish. I haven't seen them yet in the tank but i hope they took hold and they're just hiding.