[Warning] Tangled In Webs

MissMetallica

Arachnopeon
I’ve never been one to post things, and I’m new-ish to the hobby, but I wanted to share with you this unnerving and disturbing experience I had with a brand new Toronto based dealer, Tangled In Webs, owned by Dawn Snider and Marina Carletti. I apologize for my delay in writing this review, but I’ve been preoccupied with other endeavours.

About a month ago I had contacted Dawn after seeing her facebook page and website. Apart from the horrible spelling and grammatical errors-funny, because they promote themselves as an educational outfit- I hoped that this business would know a thing or two. I told her I was looking for a trustworthy dealer (The guy I was dealing with before wasn't returning my calls- as it turned out he was out of province and had no cellular reception- I should have waited for him). I asked her for a price list, since she had nothing posted online about what she had, and she promptly sent one back. The list was quite extensive, but she said that she was waiting on more specimens, and that definitely got me excited, as I already saw a bunch on the list that appealed to me! Right away I set up a time to see her collection, and I was also planning on purchasing the specimens I wanted that same day. Her facebook page and website stated that she was available anytime, and I threw out a couple days for her that didn't seem to work. We had finally settled on Saturday afternoon, and I said that I would confirm the address that morning, since she didn’t offer up any information- which I thought was a little strange. I messaged Dawn that morning confirming our appointment and to get the address, and didn’t hear back from her until 2 hours before our scheduled time. At this point she cancelled on me, saying she had a family emergency, which is completely understandable. What shocked me was when she commented that she ran an internet search on my email address and a different name came up than the one I was using. I found that a little strange and sort of invasive, but I explained to her that I don’t divulge my real name to strangers on the internet (which is not an uncommon practice), but to feel free to connect with me on facebook, as she claimed that networking was the reasoning behind her searching for me online. She responded with this:

“I will also send you out a copy of my real list now thank you for being honest..... there are some that you mentioned that i do not have but i have picked up a few too

thank you
dawn”

Real list??!! Why would she send me a fake list in the first place? The only reason I could come up with was that she had lied to me and searched for my email address right when I sent her the first message, and for some reason thought I was a fraud. I wasn’t about to shoot accusations at anyone, so I responded, confused, and asked her what spiders she did have. Instead of sending me her list she sent me an email insulting me and accusing me of spying and entrapment. Then she boasted her intelligence, which I found ironic based on the level of literacy displayed in her emails to me, and admitted to purposely sending me a fake list, stating:

“ Ill be honest i knew who you were from the first email you sent.... i am not stupid, actually i am very intelligent thank you. the list you have Bruce should recognize, we made it together, it pieces of his list.... just disarranged.... its a fake, one a send to people like you..... help me weed out the <edit> i am getting used to. Some of what is on there i do have. I am sure you actually do not care, you can get it off Bruce”

Now, as perturbing as this email might seem- as it completely derailed me- I should explain that Bruce <edit> was the guy I was dealing with before I chose to check out Dawn’s business. I only dealt with him a couple times, but we networked on facebook, and I had NO IDEA that these two were connected. Regardless of anything though, I was appalled at the way this woman spoke to me. Complete and utter lack of respect and grace. I am amazed that someone would talk to a prospective client like that!.

I felt the need to defend myself, even though I had a feeling that it wouldn’t matter. I responded by telling her that her personal issues are none of my business and that I had never been treated with such hostility as a possible client. I explained my past business relationship with Bruce and that I had contacted her in my impatience. Clearly a mistake, her and I would not be doing business together. As a sidenote: this email was not hostile and was quite succinct.

To keep a long story short, she emailed me back with a string of accusations, swearing at me and telling me that I would never be invited into her home, as if I would ever even dream of doing business with someone as obviously unstable as she is. I wished her luck in business and the pursuit of her mental health and asked her to not contact me again. All I wanted were a few rare and interesting spiders, which she didn’t even have. Meanwhile she has lied to me, sent me someone else’s price list, scheduled an appointment that she had no intention of keeping, and lied to me yet again promising me her “real” price list, all the while acting like a completely crazy person.

She replied with this:

“like wise you are <edit> insane women....... believe what you will in your head but you have not got me convinced.... have fun <edit> or maybe you are <edit> lol have fun with that looser

stuipd people”

Really? And this woman say’s she is a business owner and educater? I’m not sure her endeavours will get her very far, the way she talks to her prospective clients. I don't even know where she gets her justification in accusing me of performing such acts, especially given that I had never even met Bob at that time. I have since met him, and I have no issues with him personally and he seems quite intelligent.

My advice would be to stay as far away as you can from Tangled In Webs. This woman lies, sends out fake price lists, and calls her clients “<edit>”. I would rather buy from anyone else than buy from her! <edit> Also, I’m more than happy to forward the entire email conversation to anyone who is interested. Just PM me and ask me anything you want about the situation.

Thanks all,
MissMetallica.

Last edited by a moderator:

DawnSpider

Arachnopeon
Hi,
In regard to this, Rachel , you are correct and i was unprofessional in the last few email we has. But you never contacted me as a customer. You hide your identity, Lied on several occasion in regards to what your intention were. you along with others have been involved with a lot of on going harassment by this and other co worker of my computation and former partner. You are only posting this and misleading the fact on several point in your messages to make it seem like i was unprofessional for no reason. You are also quick to try and re-arrange things like you are some innocent little person who just want to do business. Frankly Rachel, you need to grow up and learn to stay out of private matter. Also to pick out such silly thing as look at the grammatical error and she promotes education? is how 5 year old argue and wine? I do oral presentation and hand on therapy/education? who cares? along with pointing out my mental status? once again not "profession" in a complaint. you too failed to stick to the facts. I was the first one in that thread of email to ask you to stop contacting me. but you continued. along with posting on other forum the same deal. Like people were quick to point out, you are quick to bash me and praise my competition (3 mins. later) and a company you volunteer your services to at expos along with are personal friend on his Facebook site (one i know for a fact he filter and is very possessive over along with an affiliation with other volunteers of my direct competition and a person who is also publicly accusing me of ridiculous accusations) . Your reasons for publicly complaining at this point in time are a bit sketchy to me and other as noted in other forums. this one seem to not care. Professionally I am not worried, My customer do know who I am , and I feel that my 20+ years of business experience will carry with me.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I’d like to just put my 2 cents in the mix. Dawn was professional when I dealt with her. Everyone has off days....we’re all human. If anything did happen. I’m not saying it did.

Ryan has taken over TIW and he’s doing amazing. I had a pink toe die that I bought from them in July. I got 5 and one died. I was disappointed and it was after the return period so nothing I could do. I mentioned to Ryan as we were talking at the September show that one happened to die and he was like here have a replacement. I tried to refuse it bc it wasn’t like a DOA. He insisted on replacing it bc he wants his customers to be satisfied. No one should hesitate to buy from Ryan if he has what you’re interested in. Top notch guy and you won’t be disappointed.