NICE INK Joe!!! That is sweet......:clap:

Oh, and I LOVE spicy food.....:D

PS: I have a female OBT ready to go....

Last edited:

Rindy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
John and I LOVE spicy food.

Katy, I am sorry to hear of the vagan sac- I was looking forward to having a baby from the gentle old guy. It will making his passing just a bit sadder, but I am sure he did his part to make tarantula joy (babies). The vagan sling I got from Rob, is he offspring of the old guy? It is a neat little T, I gave him a lid that has a flip top at one end and left the end open. He has it mounded all the way up to the very upward edge...of course I never see him, but I have evidence he is alive.

BtW my A.Avic baby just molted and now has the red on her rump- what instar is that? Anybody think they can sex that molt?:D

The seemani I had at the last meeting has molted into a beautiful sort of navy blue, real pretty.

reptscue

Arachnopeon
Hey Joe... It's good without the heat also... I can do one with and without... Are onions in or out????:D

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kim - I like spicy food, but sparingly. haha I'll eat slowly and with a lot of water. Onions, however, do not agree with me. Too many, and I'll be ill. :eek:

Maylee - No, Rob's babies were from a different daddy, I'm sure. My momma vagans is a really sweet girl, though. I'm sure I can find another boy eventually. I'll definitely be bummed when this nice old guy dies. He's special. :) The A. avic that you got from me should be 3rd instar. Mine haven't molted yet, but all of the ones that I sold have. haha What does that say about my feeding practices? lol I don't think I can sex a molt that small. Give the little beast 2 molts and I should be able to tell you without a doubt.

The rest of you: I'm willing to bet that the second meeting is going to be a lot more involving than the first. More people, more stuff to do! I am looking forward to it!

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No, it's not the taste - onions upset my very sensitive stomach. heh

reptscue

Arachnopeon
Onions are out... that's fine. I can do without.
But hot peppers don't upset your tummy... I just like good flavor with a little bite. Katy? Rob? Anyone else?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Joe... It's good without the heat also... I can do one with and without... Are onions in or out????:D
Funny...I love onions.

Us picky tarantula freaks are messin' you up!

--Joe

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey everyone...

Since I am basically driving the farthest down there, (Ocala) if anyone needs a ride there or something then let me know. I can swing by and snag you..

Kris

Rindy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lookie, lookie, lookie

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=304102023/PictureID=7221704023/a=174919023_174919023/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish[/IMG]

I sure hope I figured out how to do this (it is a pic of my smithi in molt) When I got home the main event was over but I did get to see-?him? on his back. I am guessing boy- I don't see spermacathe but there is that pocket thing (I would say uterus externus- except not sure)....Katy, how do you think your folks would feel if I brought a molt or two by again tomorrow?:D Man, I am dying to see one of these happen- I was less than an hour late for this one:(

I have worked some extra lately= I have some new friends arriving Tues {D E. Campestratus, GBB and a versicolor{D I have got to stop buying Ts so I can have $$$ for ATS conference:wall: What a nice rock and hard-place to be stuck between!

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Katy, how do you think your folks would feel if I brought a molt or two by again tomorrow?:D !

You can bring molts by! Nobody will be home, though. You could put the in the mailbox or on the doorhandle or something. My sister will be home after about 3. I'll be home after about 6.

It might be hard to see spermethecae on a T that size - all you may be able to see without a microscope is a really little flap, which is the uterus externus. The spermethecae sometimes sticks to that.

Cute picture Maylee, almost wiggled those legs out. :)

Rindy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Whoo Hoo, it's a girl- thanks Katy
I'm so lucky to live close to you- you should have seen John and Joy's spiders eat- it was fun watching the vagan explore it's new home.
Thanks again:D

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The P. cam male didn't make it. So for all of you with females, sorry. :(

You will all get to see him cast in resin at the next meeting though, for what it's worth.

And Rindy, your picture didn't come through like it should. The code should have an tag before the http: so it should end up looking like this:

[IMG]http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=304102023/PictureID=7221704023/a=174919023_174919023/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

But the link isn't correct, so it's getting that nice, red "X".

--Joe

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how weird. I copy-pasted it and it worked fine for me. snapfish is so...fickle.

Maylee: it was good to see you and meet Joy. Enjoy the new kids!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
P. murinus female molted, so looks like I'll be doing some breeding in a few weeks!

And I'll be bringing my MM with me to the meeting, so we can do some breeding then, too.

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And the male OBT I got from you just molted mature this week. So I will see if my female is big enough for a pairing. If not, anyone else have a mature female?

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have a mature female OBT. Not so sure I'm interested in breeding her at all. I'll think about it a bit =) Anyone breeding is doing a 50/50 correct?

Rindy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Btw, Happy Easter To Everyone!!
Back at you-
Btw, the albo you sold me molted and is beautiful:)
the avic- is sooo cute, I got her out and let her walk on us- it's like kittens, if they would stay little like this I would want 100 of them!!