Talk about tiny!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just got some new T's from Ken today and I was definitely surprised when I unpackaged the heterothele gabonensis. I had 50 dram vials all setup for these guys but once I saw how little they were I quickly had to downsize and make some new enclosures. 50 dram was waaaay to big for them.

Can't wait till these guys get big. :cool:

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very cool and very small indeed. Good luck with those little guys. It's fun to raise them from tiny slings, but it can be a pain sometimes... :)

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I figured you would be one of the first to get them. Id be in line too, but Im freaking broke!

I got a few C. elegans a while back and WOW! I needed a magnifying glass to see those things!

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:drool::drool: Beautiful species you've added to your collection!

Darn, that is small!

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Tell me about it the same thing happend with my LP lol. So small but get gets so so big

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tiny

Great pick-up, mine are coming next week. Hopefully we find these are good eaters and have a reasonable growth rate. Good luck Kevin

BillyG

Arachnopeon
OMG.....I use these enclosure you're using now to temporarily keep turkestan cockroach to feed my juvenile Ts,now I can imagine how little those guys over there you have.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very cool and very small indeed. Good luck with those little guys. It's fun to raise them from tiny slings, but it can be a pain sometimes... :)
Thanks! Hopefully their size won't be a problem. This is the first time I've cared for slings this small. I thought my t. subcaeruleus 2nd instars were small...they don't even compare to these guys. Talk about fragile.

I figured you would be one of the first to get them. Id be in line too, but Im freaking broke!

I got a few C. elegans a while back and WOW! I needed a magnifying glass to see those things!
Don't be fooled. Although the rest of my T's I got from Ken were all payed for with cash & trade, these bad boys went on the CC. lol I wasn't going to buy anything for a while but I couldn't resist as these guys have been at the top of my want list ever since I saw them.

:drool::drool: Beautiful species you've added to your collection!

Darn, that is small!
Thanks! Can't wait till they put on some size and coloration. Sort of boring and small right now. lol

Tell me about it the same thing happend with my LP lol. So small but get gets so so big
Really? How big are lp's when they are 2nd instar?

Great pick-up, mine are coming next week. Hopefully we find these are good eaters and have a reasonable growth rate. Good luck Kevin
I've heard they mature rather quickly and are very good eaters. Good luck to you too. Hopefully one of us comes up with a pair and has a chance to breed them.

OMG.....I use these enclosure you're using now to temporarily keep turkestan cockroach to feed my juvenile Ts,now I can imagine how little those guys over there you have.
Yep, ridiculously small. :p

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Well it was small but it has grown ultra fast so it didn't stay that small for long. Mine was 1/4"

Last edited:

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad you got some, Jason :)

They are eating machines, by the way and grow ridiculously fast.

Cass

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tiny

Just recieved 10 via Fed-Ex, They are about the same size as my 2nd instar B.smithi. I have pleanty of tiny food so this should work out just fine.:D

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Glad you got some, Jason :)

They are eating machines, by the way and grow ridiculously fast.

Cass
Thanks Cass. I'm really excited to now have these guys in my collection. And yes, they are definitely eating machines, they already look like they're going to explode. :p

Just recieved 10 via Fed-Ex, They are about the same size as my 2nd instar B.smithi. I have pleanty of tiny food so this should work out just fine.:D
Wow, you got 10 of em? That's awesome. You must have spent a pretty penny. Anyways, good luck with yours. I must say that I'm surprised that they are the same size as your 2nd instar b. smithi though.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holy cow that's tiny! The true spiders I hatched were bigger than this! :eek: I'd be feeding them crushed things.

I really like those little cages though. What are they?

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pickup! Very pretty.

I had some 1st instar LPs sent my way once, and they were like the size of a period at the end of a sentence. They grew quickly though!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Holy cow that's tiny! The true spiders I hatched were bigger than this! :eek: I'd be feeding them crushed things.

I really like those little cages though. What are they?
Haha. Yep, they are really tiny. Although after feeding them pre-killed dubia nymphs they don't look so tiny anymore. Anyways, I'm not sure exactly what those vials are called or where to get them. I just always seemed to get them in my shipments when I recieved small slings. They work out nicely for setups with t's this small though, that's for sure.

Nice pickup! Very pretty.

I had some 1st instar LPs sent my way once, and they were like the size of a period at the end of a sentence. They grew quickly though!
Thanks! Can't wait till they get bigger and actually show some of that awesome color.

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tiny

I found with mine that they are not picky eaters and your right they look alot different with a big meal in them. Kevin

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Little Bulldogs!

These guys do grow fast. They have all molted and eating crickets about the same size as they are.