Talk about Davus Pentaloris(Guatemalan tiger rump)

Xerinex

Arachnopeon
A month ago, i bought my first tarantula which is a D pentaloris. At first, i was quite nervous and making sure that everything i give it is the best that i can get. It is onli 1.5inch at first at its first enclosure consist of only coco fiber with a mineral bottle cap as drinking bowl. After that, i read a lot of information online and decided to add some dry peat moss and a few wood chunk to make the enclosure look better(at least for me it looks more natural). Because of my inexperience, i messed up sometimes with the food i feed them, at first i feed mealworm and some mealworm tend to burrow, afraid that they will eat the T while it molt, i decided to dig up and rehouse the T. This had happen many times, the T is onli with me for 2 month and it has been rehoused for more than 5 time. After that i feed them cricket, and i feel like everytime i buy the food(mealworm, cricket), before i can feed it all the food, the food either dies or got mold on their food. Now i am feeding it superworm even though it is onli 2inch in size, surprisingly it can handle a mealworm larger(longer) than its body size, and after eating, its abdomen appears fat and swallow(2 times larger than its carapace) for another week or even more than a week.

I also see that at first when i got it, it appears to be on the top of my substrate, later i figured out that it was the substrate that is the problem. The substrate is too wet, so i changed the substrate. This is also one of the reason that it has been rehoused for sometimes, it is juz hard to guess how much you should put in order to make them feel comfortable. I found out that now it has the ability to adapt new environment faster, just after a few hours that i rehouse it or even minutes, it start to explore and do its stuff compare to the first day i got it where it stay the whole time on top of the enclosure(wonder if it was becuz the substrate problem that i mention above).

I also found out that sometimes, given the right situation, they will burrow, maybe the factor are the wetness of the substrate and the looseness of the substrate. Sometimes when i rehouse it, it goes to a place where there is gap and begin to dick and create its underground home. But sometimes even a starter burrow is given, it decides to not burrow and web around the enclosure. Now i have a problem that is it always web up between the substrate and the lid of the enclosure, it use the lid as an anchor point, this cause me to have to destroy its nest everytime i need to feed it or i need to really open the lid carefully. Any way i can stop this?

Last time when i feed it, it also give me a threat pose(sort of a half threat pose, i think it tap the superworm that i gave it but does not show its fang), it is the first time i see a threat pose from it and i read that normally this sp are skittish and onli run away or kick hair, but mine never kick hair at me so far, just they really are good runner and run very fast. They do have their personality i guess.

I found that it likes to stay on a same position for few hours or mayb even a day, this is their normal activity and they dont move alot so sometimes it could be boring.

So, here's my newbie experience and i just want to share it and i have one question that i already use BOLD to show it.