Talk about a mood change

KoffinKat138

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last week I picked up a Eupalastrus campestratus ( Pink Zebra Beauty ) from someone stocking a petstore for only 35.00. Well You could tell she has been in a deli cup for a long time by the way she looks. She has been super docile Until she settled into her new home, now she throws a threat posture at every thing that comes close to her.

Talk about "the world's most docile T".

Here's a pic of her defending one of her water bowls from me trying to give her some fresh water.

Rue

Arachnoknight
Slightly cranky? In a tarantula manner of speaking?:D Still beautiful though!

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Maybe she didn't have a waterdish at the petshop and doesn't want to lose the one she's got now.

Mez

Arachnoknight
.....or it has previously been left alone and dosnt like being messed with?

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is how my e campestratus is. Just get her out of the cage and she will be very docile again.

TarantulaFever

Arachnopeon
I met the guy who stocks all the reptiles at local petshops. He had tub full of different T's in deli cups, and all they had was a cotton ball.
Ughh, cotton balls. I wish there was someone that could educate petshop for the sake of the animals well being :wall:

Mez

Arachnoknight
I met the guy who stocks all the reptiles at local petshops. He had tub full of different T's in deli cups, and all they had was a cotton ball.
I dont understand how this is presented in the look of the animal?
It looks a beaut, ive been thinking of getting one for a while now.

Well You could tell she has been in a deli cup for a long time by the way she looks.

Last edited:

Lucy13

Arachnopeon
Wishes I could get a reaction like that from my E. weijenberghi. If I mess with her at all she burys her head in the substrate with her butt stickin straight up and won't move for hours. I think she's a dud.