Taksinus bambus, a new genus and species of bamboo culm tarantula.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
So, apparently this was spread in pet trade couple years ago as Ornithoctoninae sp. "Mae Hong Son", I'm not sure about this info, though.

And here's the article:

Enjoy ;)

Emdykay

Arachnopeon
So, apparently this was spread in pet trade couple years ago as Ornithoctoninae sp. "Mae Hong Son", I'm not sure about this info, though.
At the very least those specimens are in the same genus. Mae Tho is around 150km/90 miles south of the southern border of Mae Hong Son province (and more than double that to the northern border), so not exactly next door, but also not impossible. Shouldnt be too hard figuring out if their junk matches up tho :p

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I wonder how long until the mass collecting starts 😤

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like the first figure from the wild!

Sure that's not a Rose Hair?

Terrovax

Arachnopeon
According to Volker von Wirth, these were indeed previously known as Ornithoctoninae sp. Mae Hong Son in the hobby. Volker assisted the researchers on this paper, so I would trust his word. That and the fact that he specializes with ornithoctonines.

Emdykay

Arachnopeon
According to Volker von Wirth, these were indeed previously known as Ornithoctoninae sp. Mae Hong Son in the hobby. Volker assisted the researchers on this paper, so I would trust his word. That and the fact that he specializes with ornithoctonines.
Good to know he already worked with both, time to relabel mine then!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
There’s a post about it that was brought up a few days ago. On a Facebook comment Volker mentioned that it may not be a new genus (it definitely is a new species) as genera within the group are distinguished by questionable taxonomical features and biogeography (need to wish for phylogenetic Analysis). So time will tell if it stays in this new genus’s

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Let's hope they are not over collected and can stay in their natural habitat.

Although.....I would love one ha ha