taking photos while laying eggs

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have a Pterinochilus murinus which ive been waiting to make a sac shes in a large pickle jar i think its about a 2 litre one any ways she has just today and tonight started to really lay down a lot of webbing and i think she going to lay them very soon i,d love to take the lid off and get some pics just as she droping the eggs but iam worried she might eat them if i do any opinions would be appreciated chris...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's the reason I don't take pics of my Ts laying their sacs, that or they are just webbed in too much. If you can carefully take off the lid and take pics, go right ahead. If you are really worried about her eating or ruining the sac in anyway during or after the process then just don't take pics. Its the eggs or the pictures...

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok thanks novak i geuss i probably wont try it i just wondered form what i,ve read about these guys being such good moms and easy to have sucsse with if i might get away with it easy er than some more difficult Species but i,d much rather not risk it

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hopefully she does it where you can photograph it like near the glass. I have gotten a few shots over the years of different sacs, but only because they laid them right where I could see from the outside.
I have a B. Albopilosum right now that I really wanted to watch but she insisted on sealing herself into the coconut hide. Oh well guess I will see her when she comes out.

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hopefully she does it where you can photograph it like near the glass.
unfortunatley she has put so much webbing down you can,t even see through the glass so the only way would be to talk the lid off than i,d also be more worried about the flash going off to i just carefully took the lid off for a peak she hasen,t droped them yet do you guys have any idea how long it might take thanks chris...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ok thanks novak i geuss i probably wont try it i just wondered form what i,ve read about these guys being such good moms and easy to have sucsse with if i might get away with it easy er than some more difficult Species but i,d much rather not risk it
Yeah, I wouldn't risk it either. I would have loved to get pics of my Avicularia avicularia laying it's sac, but it was impossible because of all the webbing and I didn't want to disturb her. Anyways, good luck!