Tailless Whip Scorpion Mating

ScerpNephila

Arachnopeon
So, I have a mating pair of Amblypygi. Female was pregnant, showing. Checked her cage today and she's not showing eggs anymore and there are no little ones on her back. We last checked the cage the night before last and she was definitely pregnant. Is there anyone with experience breeding these guys? Any environmental considerations or tips in general on it?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
First of all, wrong thread ;) Should be in other arachnids and true spiders: they aren't scorps. Anyway, I hear that the babies can be fed very small crix and fruit flies. They are VERY fragile, so be careful when you transfer them into their own containers (you will want to do that or cannibalization can occur among babies...). Never owned amblings (just thought of the name :D), but as long as you give them nice bark to climb and molt on with the same humidity or a little more than the adults, you should be fine. Did you check the enclosure? If not, then find them and transfer them. Hope it works out for you! ;) You could probably sell some and get some interest as well.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a female that seemed to abort her eggs but she never dropped the sack. The eggs all went bad but she carried the sack around for another 6 months or more (it just dropped off yesterday in fact) I've read in Orin's book "Whipscorpions and Whipspiders" that high temps (above 75) and low humidity can cause problems.